Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was on the rx7 forums today and there was a thread about supra, rx7, and 300z......... lol, They said that a stock jza70 would lose to a stock turboII........... just wanted your opinions.........

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
well
anyone got a stcok 1jz and a turbo 2? suggest a race between them.. it might be kinda cool each car has to be completly stock

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
they prolly saw that old vid of the turbo A vs the turbo II and the skyline and the 300 and thought the 1j was slow...:dunno:

but w/e fuck the haters/ricers

however i did happen to race a turbo II, fully gutted, roll cage, this thing was mean...and i pulled him about a car.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
SupraSpeed-1jz said:
i was on the rx7 forums today and there was a thread about supra, rx7, and 300z......... lol, They said that a stock jza70 would lose to a stock turboII........... just wanted your opinions.........

i read that as well.
Got a good kick out of it.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Link?

·
Akai Suisei - &#36196;&#12356;&#24407;&#26143;
10,376 Posts
"i dont even think the 1jz came in the mark 3 supra in japan, it came in some other toyota car over there, i know its a popular swap, but is that even a supra motor? thats like me saying yeah my LS1 rx7 is much faster....."

i thought that was kinda funny :kekegay:

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I dont get how anyone can say the FC rx-'s styling is better then the mk3 Supra's.. You see the interior on those? UGLY! plus many people still think the mk3 is sexy... havent heard anyone ever say a fc is sexy...

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
agreed, but man.............. i love the handling....... but man, i love the supra.......... the way it looks, and the interior is far more superior than the 7

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
the 7mGTE gets beat by a TII by .2 seconds... a 1jz is 1 second faster then the 7m :dunno: according to factory specs in 0-60mph anyways.

·
Registered
330 Posts
FC interior is way bette rthan the a70 FO SHO....and they only weigh 2800 LBS......my modded TII was way cheaper and faster than my supra7 is.....but the potential of the 1J is greater.......RX7 is an autox/road race car, it will WAX your A70's around any track in stock form!!! and I had a stock TII and used to punish MKIII's on a daily basis.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Supra7 said:
FC interior is way bette rthan the a70 FO SHO

maybe the 3rd gens...but the 2nd gens arent nearly as nice as the mkiii's...

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Supra7 said:
Nice if you like the largest dash ever

FUCK YEAH!!! makes me feel like im a pilot of a f16 or something. :D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
:werd:

I'd rather have my gauges spanned out across the dash rather than all clumped up together.

It's cool how most of the people here know more about other people's cars while those others don't know jack squat about the MK3s. Each car has their purpose in the racing industry, but whatever.....:shrug:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Interesting thread, i figure ill chime in cause i own a FC and a JZA70, and just for reference, after riding in a few stock-ish FD's my JZA70 (stock fuel stock turbos 311rwhp) would wax most FD's still on stock turbos. And that is with my supra on stock turbos. As far as the interior goes, the FC is purposeful, there is nothing unnecessary (no digital anything except the clock) wheras the supra has lots more gizmos, like power seats, automated climate control etc. The cars have a slightly different focus. the TwinTurbo R JZA70 is a far better comparison, and in performance is is somewhere between the Series 5 turbo and the late FD's Its easily as quick as the FD, and much faster then the FC, but weighs signifiganly more then the FD (even though the R is the lightest one ~3300 lbs i believe).

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i tried saying that and i got flamed like no other........ and i also own both, or 1 1/2, the supra is in the making, should be done in a couple of weeks tho

·
Registered
416 Posts
well i posted essentially the same thing, we will see. Their claims of owning 7M supras arent too far off though, mod for mod up to a certian point the RX7 will be faster simply because it weighs less, and weight, or lack thereof is a weapon on a road course.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts