Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother and i just bought some engine cleaner from Toyota yesterday to try and get some of the dirt and grime off my engine. the directions were 50/50 with water. so i mix the chemical and i spray it on and let it sit for 10min. and then wash off with water. After i washed the engine down i turned my car on and the car seemed to "pop" the engine idle was sort of dropping cause my exhaust to literaly pop out loud. and come to the point in engine stalling. (my car is an automatic turbo) so i just assumed that perhaps i got some water inside the car somewhere and drove it around for a little while to get everything in motion. it got a little better. but today around 3:00pm, i drove to work and the engine ran like it was running yesterday still. but this time when i gave it lots of gas, i wouldn't really move anywhere. the car was having trouble reaching uo tp 50km/hr. the car is shaking lots right now and not running smooth at all. has anyone come to this situation before? if so can someone help me out please? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i might of gotten some water in the by the plugs.... my N/A did that.. would stutter and pop alot... pull the wires and the plugs and see if u can suck up any water or blow it out.

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will definitly try that. i was told something like that from another supra owner friend of mine. what he said was where the spark plugs sit it basicly a little valley and water just seems to sit down in there.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Water got in the spark plug areas. I even had to get new wires. Now I am really careful when I wash that engine.

·
Registered
929 Posts
same thing happened to my dad a long time ago. what he did was take out the spark plug and got on of those car wash sponges and put some in there so it could soak up some of the water. after that it ran fine again.

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you guys are pretty confident that would be the main problem? would the chemical have anything to do with it at all or just mainly "liquids" in general getting into the spark plug area? cause if it is, you and i all know getting down there on the 7mgte engine is a B#$%h. hahaha but i guess thats the price you pay for owning a mk3 supra

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Yup... that's you're problem....

I'll give you some advice that others may not.... you have to dry everything inside the spark plug valley. However, the plugs sit in a well, where you can get the water out very easily.... unless you remove the plug.

I ended up having to remove the plugs on the GF's MKIV N/A and turn the engine over to make sure that the water was pumped out (without ANY load in the cylinder). Meaning, do not let water get inside the cylinder AND replace the plug, until you know for sure that the water's been pumped out of the cylinder... otherwise you will get ROD KNOCK!

After you've turned the engine over a few times, the water will be out enough to reinstall the plugs. Once that's done, start it up.... will blow white smoke for a little bit.

A BIG tip... put some towels over the top of the engine while turning it over, 'cause that water will spit out all over the place.

That is the quickest way to get past this issue. Good luck!!!

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Sounds like water got to your CPS....fried or shorted out some wires or such.

check the CPS first. and all the connections, the stock wiring is decayed by now and often splits....thats where your problem is eminating from.

-Jonathan

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
did you spray water on the AFM or the Coil Pack? check the coil pack and wires.

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i sprayed water everywhere haha... basicly soaked the poor thing. but as of nows update, the car seems to be running fine now with next to no problems other then my car seems to be boosting really slowly :dunno: , ushally when i 'giver' it would just fly but now its picking up really slowly. i remembered i turned my manual boost controller down a couple turns before i washed the car so i turned it up a bit today and still, slow boost.... problem??

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
//guyen said:
i sprayed water everywhere haha... basicly soaked the poor thing. but as of nows update, the car seems to be running fine now with next to no problems other then my car seems to be boosting really slowly :dunno: , ushally when i 'giver' it would just fly but now its picking up really slowly. i remembered i turned my manual boost controller down a couple turns before i washed the car so i turned it up a bit today and still, slow boost.... problem??

water in the vacuum lines hahahahahah j/k :wtflol:

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
also check the AFM.... AFM's are extremely prone to kicking the bucket if you get them wet. If nothing else mentioned seem to be the problem.... check the AFM, you might need to get a new one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts