Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shaved all the washer squirters on my car so i have no use for the pump anymore. I wanted to have it squirt on the intercooler. Are there seperate motors for the front and rear squirters? If so can they both be turned on at the same time, I looked in the tsrm and the front is grounded seperatley from the rear sharing a common 12v power. Now if I spliced the two grounds together and ran it to the cabin on a switch. The other end of the switch being grounded should turn on both outputs. Then I wanted to run a row of 3 squirters being fed by both ends by the two outputs on the pump. How does this sound? Any other ideas welcome.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Shouldn't be any problem with that. One thing that could be a problem (unlikely though) is that if one pump was larger than the other (maybe the rear one?) then it's going to backfeed the smaller pump.

If you wanted to get fancier you could use a temperature switch to activate them. Find something like a radiator fan switch. You could even do two stages...have a lower temp switch activate one pump (with 2 nozzles) and a higher temp activate the 2nd pump with two more nozzles.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be better to just feed the row of sprayers from one end by just T-ing the two pumps into one supply line.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Not necessarily. Teeing the two together isn't going to be much different than the configuration above. They'll still have to fight against one another. With the dual-feed fuel systems, there's a regulated output in the center, so the two pumps are only working to keep that pressure. But in the washer/sprayer system, it's got no return line.

There is a pressure drop after each injector/nozzle. That's why having a dual feed fuel rail is nice. That's why having your setup enter from each end is also nice. If you Tee them together, and run the line in to one side, the other side may not see as much flow.

All that being said, there will probably be no noticable difference no matter how you hook them up. Plumb either side of a rail, or put them in a Tee and feed one end of a rail, or have them run seperate nozzles....it's probably going to have nearly the same flow and pressure. The main point is just to get your IC wet, and any configuration will probably do that just fine.

I kind of favor the idea of seperate nozzles with temperature control, but that's a lot more work...enough work that it would probably keep me from doing the project at all <ha!>.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts