Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to shim my wastegate tomorrow and I've read a bunch of treads on it and everyone says they use however many washers. I've got some washers here that are about 2mm thick each. So my question is are those thicker than most people use that use 4 or 5 washers, so should I only use 2 or 3 because they are thick? (I tried to search but couldn't find a definate answer to my quesion)

Thanks,

Matt

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Just give 3 a try and see where you are at and then if need more than put some more in, it is not that hard.

I like your sig.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I'll give three a try and see how they work out, thanks about the sig, it bugs me how its dirty but it looked really clean when I took the picture for it, o well!

Matt

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Umm . . . your sig says stock headgasket, not for long I predict in two days or less it will say BHG. You have at least re-torqued it? Once you have your headgasket taken care of get a MBC.

·
Registered
375 Posts
what is the benifit of shimming a wastegate? are you talking stock>? im confused lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I will be re-torquing the head at the same time I shim the wastegate.

Matt

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
what boost are you currently getting?
I was hitting about 5-5.5 psi. I put 3 washers per bolt (6 total) and am up to 9-10 psi.

the washers were each about the thickness of a quarter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts