Supra Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think you’re good on the feed @4an. If you wanted to upgrade to a name brand I guess you could. The more I think on it, I believe I am still using the CX feed myself. You can actually push oil past the seals of the turbo with too big a feed/wrong restrictor. The China charger I had needed a restrictor, but my Borg has one built in. I’d look at what CX advises for their BB turbo but I bet you’re good with using the kit-included feed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think it's fine then. It came with the restriction fitting and the line is going strong. I was looking into it and -4an seems to be the normal size used even on higher power builds. Like I said, it's steel braided and isn't leaking. So hopefully it will be fine. Easy to change if I ever need to anyway.

·
From the land down under
4,122 Posts
Good to hear its ok, but please keep a close eye on it, and give it a bit of a wiggle from time to time, where the hose goes into the fitting at the turbo end, as they have been known to crack and fail there, and the last thing your turbo and manifold wants is to be drenched in oil when its almost red hot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Will do, thanks for the advice. I'm sure the paranoia of something going wrong will have me looking under the hood after each drive for the next year! lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I installed the TiAL and took apart the no name. Could't find any issues. Had to be in the diaphragm somehow. There is no longer exhaust puffing out of the dump tube, so the issue is fixed anyway.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts