Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Im thinking of just boring out a new exhaust housing and putting the internals of this turbo inside with the compressor thats on now..... its a 57 trim.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Looks pretty bad, but I've seen worse....I'd probably wait around till the turbo seals crap out, which they like to do often. Then when getting it rebuilt just sending a good exhaust side housing with it so the better of the two can be put back togather.

Kruso

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
eh. it happens. its even worse on the ST185 as they have a close coupled cat...anyway, you can live w/it until the crack goes all the way through the housing (connecting the inducer to the exducer). when that happens, you probably won't be able to hold consistant boost and a bunch of other weirdness.

·
Registered
523 Posts
i'd say thats moderate. i got a turbo with a small crack in it, but the crack actually is pre-exducer and it runs along inside the housing :eek:

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
My CT looks like that too. I bet if you look inside the exhaust side inlet, there will be a crack on the inside of the "snail". No big problems though, but boost would drop off at higher rpms.

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
indeed, I removed the exhaust housing from one of the extra turbos I had laying aroundd - it has cracks that are less severe and I plan on using it. Ill just change out the hot side of the turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts