Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have a 87 Na-T with a stock 7mgte in it now. As of now were rebuilding the turbo due to bad seals(hopefully that solves my other problem). Well i took the turbo off today and was messing with the wastegate just playing around and its a good thing i did cause it came to my attention that the wastegate is opening at just 1psi, and with the wastegate off i came pull up move the rod up with some ease.

Now to the question, Im doubting these is normal? is there anyway i can fix these? or do i need to get a newer one? or do i say fuck it and spend the money on a upgraded ct26/other turbo?

· Banned
5,915 Posts
So while driving the car, the engine isn't building any boost?

If you are referring to the stock ct26 waste gate actuator, it will need to be replaced. There is no repairing those.

· Registered
3,136 Posts
Well when you put it back on, see how much it actually builds up (with a decent gauge, not the stock gauge). If it produces less than it should do stock, replace the wastegate actuator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.