Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mr. Brightside
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went single (sp61gt). I plan on boosting 18psi daily, but my wastegate spring is .8 bar. Will this be alright or do I need a spring that allows more boost? It is a 40mm wastegate btw. Thanks.

·
Mr. Brightside
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am looking at getting the tubonetics mbc. If I get this, can I leave the wastegate alone? The wastegate is a crappy one, PTI i think. Got it from Jegs cause i was in a rush and they were the only ones that had any avail.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Jegs has wastegates? I thought they just had "manly V8" parts! And that annoying guy that yells "JEGS!"

A MBC should increase your boost just fine. Better than swapping a spring cause you can still have a "valet" low boost mode.

Al

·
Registered
814 Posts
Alex D said:
not all wastegates are adjustable
thanks for the tip jackass..haha..i know this but he never specified so i decided to throw in my $.02.. btw when are we hittin up the titty club?

Also i wouldnt really trust a wastegate from Jegs...lol i mean im not saying its shitty, but if u think its crappy, i just wouldnt risk boost problems with my motor to say a few bucks n rush my car...

jimmy

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
sngledsupe said:
thanks for the tip jackass..haha..i know this but he never specified so i decided to throw in my $.02.. btw when are we hittin up the titty club?

Also i wouldnt really trust a wastegate from Jegs...lol i mean im not saying its shitty, but if u think its crappy, i just wouldnt risk boost problems with my motor to say a few bucks n rush my car...

jimmy

Jegs carries turbonectics wastegates, i'd trust those.

·
Mr. Brightside
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, im gonna replace it soon, i just had to get my car from FL to VA and was pressed for time. BTW: I've read that if you don't "clean out" the wastegate shit will get in your exhaust housing of your turbo and mess up the fins? Is this true, and if so, what does this sound like? Sorry if these are very newbie questions but i had to kinda jump into this w/o studying up on everything.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
if you got the wastegate just to get from va to fl, then you shouldnt have to worry about it, just dont boost it, get a better W/G... about crap getting in your exhaust housing, unless you have a reverse flowing engine in which the air in your header is travelling TOWARD the cylinders and your wastegate stays stuck open, you should have to worry about anything travelling backwards through your engine.

·
Registered
814 Posts
SupraDupaFlyBoy said:
if you got the wastegate just to get from va to fl, then you shouldnt have to worry about it, just dont boost it, get a better W/G... about crap getting in your exhaust housing, unless you have a reverse flowing engine in which the air in your header is travelling TOWARD the cylinders and your wastegate stays stuck open, you should have to worry about anything travelling backwards through your engine.
agreed dont worry bout that crap. never heard nething like that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts