Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is, if I have a dual stage boost controller, do I need a wastegate spring? The reason I'm asking is because I have a Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost controller and when I try to turn up boost, it stays a 5psi. I dont know the wastegate spring size.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
The wastegate has to have a spring it. If you unhook the boost controller you will make whatever psi your spring rate is.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I have a boost controller hook up. When I turn up the boost on the controller it stays the PSI stays the same. What do you think the problem is.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I'll assume the boost controller isn't broken and is getting power. I'd guess that the vacuum lines are hooked up wrong?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a diagram of the route of the lines so I can check to see if I have it hooked up right. You can email me, with the diagram if that's easier for you [email protected]. Thanks again Dave, you are the man.

Oh yeah, It's a Turbo Smart Dual Stage Boost controller.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yup, that's the unit I have.

Dave, this is how I have the unit routed = a vaccuum line from the turbo, to the boost controllers nipple, from that nipple I have a line with a T fitting that splits the line, one going to the top of the wastegate and one going to the side of the wastegate. I have a Tial 38mm wastegate. Does the wastegate only need a vacuum line to the top when using a boost controller.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
I thought you're only supposed to have one line from the boost controller to the side of the tial wastegate???

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dave, this is how I have the unit routed = a vaccuum line from the turbo, to the boost controllers nipple, from that nipple I have a line with a T fitting that splits the line, one going to the top of the wastegate and one going to the side of the wastegate. I have a Tial 38mm wastegate. Does the wastegate only need a vacuum line to the top when using a boost controller.

·
Registered
53 Posts
turbosmart

Check out this site mate,

If you cant find what your looking for i'm sure they'll scan the instructions and send them to you :)

http://www.turbosmart.com.au

·
Registered
53 Posts
bugger

HTB said:
Still waiting on a reply from them!!!! LOL
Thats why we buy stuff from the states (go aussie customer service)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts