Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SONICSUPRA IS BACK!!
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when getting a wastegate does it matter what size you get? or does it depend on the size of the turbo? is bigger better or smaller better? should i match the wastegate size w/ the size of the turbo and boost i want the turbo to be pushing? like what size turbos are used for 38mm or 44mm wastegates? or even a 50mm? could anyone give me more info i'd really appreciated it thanks

·
Registered
824 Posts
A larger wastegate can be used when you want a big turbo to run low boost levels. As there is a lot of air to divert the wastegate needs to be bigger.

It also comes down to what spring is used. Typically, you want the spring to be half of max desired boost level ie. 10psi spring if you want to rn 20psi. This will help to avoid boost creep.

So what size turbo do you have? How much boost do you want to run?

·
Registered
100 Posts
well sinse this is here i just got a t67 with a .58 a/r housing and was wondering if a tial 38mm wastegate will be fine....my manifold already has a flange for that wastegate on it.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
well sinse this is here i just got a t67 with a .58 a/r housing and was wondering if a tial 38mm wastegate will be fine....my manifold already has a flange for that wastegate on it.
i think you'll see some low boost creep with that set up.i think the 38mm is too small and you would have more controll with a 44mm.

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
On a 67 some guys experiance minor creep on a 40mm gate and some get away with it. I would say go with a 44 so you wont have to look back on your decision.

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
um not to burst your bubble but to do 500-600 horses at 20psi on a 1j or a 2j, your going to need to do alot of head work, cams, better intake manifold some nice big cams, an ass load of fuel, and a perfect sized turbo. if that your goal, id say you want to go with a 50-60mm waste gate.

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
um not to burst your bubble but to do 500-600 horses at 20psi on a 1j or a 2j, your going to need to do alot of head work, cams, better intake manifold some nice big cams, an ass load of fuel, and a perfect sized turbo. if that your goal, id say you want to go with a 50-60mm waste gate.
I dont know, people seem to do aroung 500 on 24psi with a GT35. A GT40 should be able to do it with cams.

·
Registered
794 Posts
So what's up with you , 1jzpower? We haven't seen any more videos... You were an inspiration to alot of us with those vids. It shows that 1js can kick ass. And it shows that even though we are.5L down from the 2j, this is still the FIRST GENERATION JZ MOTOR and is NO SLOUCH!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts