Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the wastegate spring mod for stock twins in TTC how to thread?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
can someone take a picture of the mod in the car? thanks

·
Stock Twins King
4,514 Posts
You can install the spring mod "adjustable" Like I did. This way you can just turn the wing nut to be close to stock, or crank it several turns and get as high as 28psi (not recommended)

I jnstalled the plate by taking one of the water pump screws out, then wrapped the end of the spring around the end of the actuator arm where it attaches to the lever. The bolt I ground down the head a little so it would fit inside the spring, then drilled a hole thru the bolt for the spring end.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
wats the concept behind this mod? how does stronger springs lead to stronger boost hold?

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
Less wastegate leakage. It holds the wastegate closed tighter at higher boost than it can in stock form.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i have just installed the spring mod to the wastegate and my boost went from .8bar max to now .9bar, and the power seems to stay on longer throughout the rpm. feels like i had a loose wastegate before.

I have a new question tho. i have been questioning the operation of my sequential stock twin, and now that my car has the spring mod, greddy BBC, and k&n drop in, where should my max boost be at with 91octane gas from cali?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts