Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems my boost is not going into my engine, the boost gauge will be pinned, turbos spooling up lots and the car makes lots of noise, but the boost is not going into the engine. Its not boost leakes for sure. I am just unsure what needs to be fixed or replaced here. Is it the wastegate, or some valve on the cast iron part of my turbo just letting all my boost go right into my exhaust. Anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Arabian said:
Seems my boost is not going into my engine, the boost gauge will be pinned, turbos spooling up lots and the car makes lots of noise, but the boost is not going into the engine. Its not boost leakes for sure. I am just unsure what needs to be fixed or replaced here. Is it the wastegate, or some valve on the cast iron part of my turbo just letting all my boost go right into my exhaust. Anyone had this problem?

if the wastegate was stuck open, your boost gauge would not be pinned, it would hardly move. car wouldnt spool and make a lot of noise either(spool noise anyway). maybe you have a big boost leak somewhere, bad IC clamp perhaps.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
slippin clutch??? full boost and not going anywhere. happened to me

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no not the clutch. Heres what its like. I have lots of power b4 i hit any boost. Sometimes I can get some power when i flutter the gas pedal a bit, but i wont feel any power for more than like 3psi boost. After that it feels like the cars got consta diareea. No powers made with the boost even though the gauge is pinned, only power im getting is from normal engine speed. The turbos spooling like a mo foe makin tons of noise and my exhaust noise is freakin loud under boost. I just changed my intercooler with 1 i just pressure tested and it was 100%, i checked all my hoses and it was all good too. I have a stupid TPS code that comes up, i replaced my TPS and checked wires for cracks n shit and still have the code, but i dont see how that would have anything to do with no power under boost. My car also backfires constantly when i slow down in gears, which it never used to do. So im just stumped.

·
ODS
847 Posts
If it was stuck open you would not build any pressure at all on a CT26 (unless you have some kind of crazy exhaust setup, and even then I doubt it)...

I had a waste gate get stuck open and the turbo would barely get to -1psi and that was flooring it... You might have a boost leak... I would say to put on your stock equipment and see how it acts, trial and error time...

SMo'

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Your boost gauge detects boost past the throttle body. If your gauge sees boost, then the motor sees the boost too. It can't go up if boost hasn't gotten past the TB.

Are we talking about the stock or aftermarket boost gauge? If aftermarket, where is the boost source?

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
maybe his boost guage is unplugged making it act like a volt meter. this could cause it to peg all the time. sounds like you bov needs to be readjusted from the new pipes (backfiring issue)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts