·
0 Posts
I dont think videos or sound clips do it any justice

When my uncle got his PHR 2+ the first ride in it made me totaly speechless

It sounds crazy

S

·
0 Posts
I like the pissed off sound of the open wastegate as well.

I have a T78 setup with a HKS Ti and I think just the exhaust sounds like an amplified honda...BRAAAAAAAAAP, BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP...

The open wastegate sounds deep and LOUD. Gives the car a robust sound.

I still prefer the exhaust note of a modded LS1 or stang when compared to just the Supra's exhaust note, but when the wastegate opens, the car definitely comes alive! :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
you have to hear it in person to appreciate it or be annoyed by it... i love it personally.. there is a T04R equipped supra in my hometown with vented wastegate... its louder than hell, i swear ive heard him getting on it from a couple miles away. i love the way it sounds though, but i imagine it would draw a lot of unwanted attention from the police since its just THAT loud... although car goes back to being reasonably quiet once wastegate closes again... which is another thing i like about it :D

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
yea the sound does definately sound awesome, but I find it becomes annoying after awhile as you have to be very cautious as when the wg opens it is extremely loud. I kind of miss the sound of the turbos spooling also.

carlo

·
Registered
388 Posts
Go to the kill section.....probably page two now. Listen to the supra in the video titled (*vid* To4r supra vs 10 sec twin turbo mustang.) The wastegate is vented to the atmosphere. It is from inside the car but is much louder from outside. It will give you the idea though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts