·
Registered
659 Posts
finally i can see it too! :)

MKIV Strikes again :cool:

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
lol i waas about to post about this commercial as i just saw it for the first time .

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
ahh just watched it for the first time, i hate how they make the supra all riced out.

yuck :(

what a disappointment.

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Hey they made the FAST AND THE FURIOUS into a commercial i wish they would have just had like a good looking CLEAN supra.

Oh well its good to c a ten year old car in a commercial instead of like a vette or stang or something.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
still good to see these cars are getting tv exposure after being discontinued for 7 years :bigthumb:

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
true, but reasons like this commercial and F&F (obviously more F&F) cause people's opinion of the supra to be that it's just another ricer boy car... :sad:

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
true, but reasons like this commercial and F&F (obviously more F&F) cause people's opinion of the supra to be that it's just another ricer boy car... :sad:
Yea, nothing like knowing you drive the "Ricers Dream" car, despite its awesome overengineering and power availability.

I would be dissapointed, moreover.

If you want your car to be taken seriously, though, bring it to the track, too many bodykit'd garage queens :p

·
Registered
250 Posts
You can blame this on the production team...who added neons to a car that did NOT have neons.

Here's the actual car they used:

The car was covered with a Latex black paint for the commercial. For the interior shots, Oscar's black Supra was used.

I too was not happy with the graphics and neon but you know what? Their generous check eased my pain.

As many of you, one of my side ventures is placing cars in movies, commercials, videos. Much to my dismay, many of these projects alter the cars to ridiculous levels (like they did with my cars in both Fast and Furious movies). I find solace in the big fees and the kind treatment of most of these studios.

For me, it's kind of cool having my cars (and my clients' cars) featured in films...as long as it pays well.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
craiglieberman said:
Their generous check eased my pain.
:bigthumb: Quote of the year!

Hope everything is going well for you, Craig. Nice to see you still check in on Supraforums once and a while.

Take care,
Dan (formerly of Hahn Racecraft)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts