Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking into getting a kit just for safeguard against knock.
I really dont want to rely on it to boost higher.

It will be run on stock twins.
I was needing some recommendations on whether to get Dereks kit or coolingmist.com's kit. Any suggestion from those running these kits?

What to look for? I am kinda new to water injection so dont assume anything.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Forget about Derek's kit. There are people on this board that have waited months for their kit. I got a kit from www.snowperformance.net and its awesome with the variable controller. I have my meth set to come on at 8psi and ramps to full blast at 16psi. I had the car tuned to 25psi without any problem using 93 octane. The kit was very well made. They have a tech support line that was very helpful if you have any questions.

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm variable controller?
I figured just having it come on after like 12 psi would be fine.
Thanks.

You have gone up to 25 psi?
on stock twins???

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is a dual stage needed?
Or can a single stage injection work just fine.
I figured the dual stages were for more v6 or v8 motors.
One for each throttle body.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
PM shupore
he has a progressive kit when he was on stock twins. he has a single kit now and running it with no issues.
i just got my kit not too long ago but i haven't install it yet. waitting on ahem... ^_^

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
well coolingmist.com had a kit on sale for 225, thats what i was going to get but before that i wanted dereks kit, i don't know now.

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
on stock twins you really aren't see much benefit since the stock twins are way out of their efficiency range at the point where you are detonating. They just don't flow that much air that well and they make a lot of heat. Save your money and get a wet NOS kit, or go single then use the meth....

this isn't a slam as I am a big proponent of water or meth injection (BTW, water injection works just fine unless you are running out of fuel (check inj PW))

-M

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya i knew that the stock twins are already beginning to get maxed out at 18 psi.
Already have a nitrous 75 shot on it. Just thinking to get the meth kit, just as a safety thing and have it installed and ready for future single upgrade.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
supraswap said:
hmm variable controller?
I figured just having it come on after like 12 psi would be fine.
Thanks.

You have gone up to 25 psi?
on stock twins???

Not on the twins, i did 25psi on my T66. There would be no reason to boost the stock twins past 20psi, and 18 to be really safe. A single nozzle should be ok. I chose the 625cc nozzle from snowperformance which was the biggest nozzle they offer. I can tell you that we actually had to turn down the pump output by about 50% cause my tuner said we had way too much fuel on board. And that was with a stock fuel system. We ended up with the stock injectors at about 85-90% duty cycle and meth pump working at about 50% capacity and got 11.5 afrs. This put down about 530rwhp on 21psi. We also tuned to 25psi, but never dynoed to get the actual number.

I think the variable controller would make better sense, because there is no way that your fuel or detonation protectoin requirements are the same at 12 psi and 24psi. If you have it come on full blast at 12psi, you are probably gonna be either way to rich down low, or lean uptop. With a variable controller, you have two knobs, a starting point and a max point. I have mine set at 8psi and the second knob at 20psi. THe controller linerally increases the meth between those two points and cont at its max rate above your second set point.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You guys should do some research into aquamist. We are running the 2d system on both the typhoon and supra. Their system is unlike any other out there but you will pay for it. Also just picking a jet is not the correct way of going about this. There is a formula based on dc to select the correct jet for your application. I highly suggest logging onto aquamist's forum. Their forum is not biased and the help you receive is extremely valuable. I learned allot about wi on their site in the last few years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts