Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else have the problem of water comming in the driverside window when it's down after you hit your windshield wiopers. I hit my washer fluid - then the wipers and the fluid comes creeping around the side of the windshield and starts spraying me if i'm driving. . .i hate it and it only does it on the drivers side. . .happen to anyone else?

·
road hazard
452 Posts
i rarely use my windshield wiper nozzles, but this sounds like the windshield wiper fluid hose is leaking or not connected. try to trace the fluid hose in the engine bay.

where is the leak exactly hitting you from inside? does fluid still come out of the nozzles on the hood?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no,no-the nosels are fine-they spray just fine, but after i do, it's on my windshield right-soi turn on my wipers and the wipers push the fluid to the left and right sides of the windshield. On the driverside it pushes the fluid "vertically" and when i'm driving the fluid will come arround the side of the windshield-almost up by the sun visor-but from the side- and blow in at me. . .but only on the driver side. . .th nosels are fine and all hoses are hooked up

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The targa top seals don't always work that good! :(

·
road hazard
452 Posts
yep...the targa seals are probably wearing down. i actually had this same exact leaking problem too. i just took some windshield silicon sealant and used it along the border of the windshield on the outside.

·
Registered
126 Posts
do what I had to do..........leave window up(hehe)

Seriously my NA does the same thing. It's hard as hell to smoke a cigarette when it is raining. I dont remember on my TT if it does it or not. I hasnt been in the rain very much.:D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
finally, someo one knows what i'm actually talking about.. . .but thats not cool-that it does it on yours too. . .hmm

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rain guard are kinda out of the question. hehe:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh! by the way my white one does it too.....I got caught in some rain and sure enough.....if you have the window cracked just a little, the rain from the windshield just pours around the seal and drops in on the door panel, plus sometime sprays in your face.
If you find a solution, please!!!! let me know!!!

shane

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, this has happened to me quite a few times. Sorry to tell you this, but the only solution I can think of really is to roll up your window when you have the wipers on.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it spray's in my face too. . .but i don't even like it coming around on my window. . . .hmm???

·
Very Senior Member
9,955 Posts
Jojo said:
LOL, this has happened to me quite a few times. Sorry to tell you this, but the only solution I can think of really is to roll up your window when you have the wipers on.
Of course water comes in if the window is down!!!!!!!!!
I also recommend putting your targa top on when it rains:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
water gets in mine too and rolls down into my pillar. sucks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If its just a slight leak try putting some vasoline on the seals and put the top back on. My friend did this to his and it stopped.

Just make sure that it is ''virgin'' vasoline
:wackit: :eek: :sperm: :sperm:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VickSupra said:

Of course water comes in if the window is down!!!!!!!!!
I also recommend putting your targa top on when it rains:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hey, relax. First of all, just because you have the wipers on, it won't be necessarily raining. You could have squirted some windshield wiper fluid onto your windshield, and when you turn the wipers on, if you have the window down, it will come back into your face if you are driving. Maybe you've never experienced this, I don't know. But he wasn't talking about when it's raining, why water comes into his open window. :rolleyes:

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
*sigh* this happend to me today:fight: :piss:

·
Very Senior Member
9,955 Posts
Jojo said:

Hey, relax. First of all, just because you have the wipers on, it won't be necessarily raining. You could have squirted some windshield wiper fluid onto your windshield, and when you turn the wipers on, if you have the window down, it will come back into your face if you are driving. Maybe you've never experienced this, I don't know. But he wasn't talking about when it's raining, why water comes into his open window. :rolleyes:
I'm way relaxed - and I didn't say that this applied to when it was raining. Of course he was talking about windshield washer. It was my second comment that referred to raining (sarcasm).
My point was - where do you think the water should go when the driver side wiper pushes it to the left and the car is moving (forward).
Anyhoo - this thread sure is longer than I ever expected!!;) ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts