Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTH, I noticed some tiny bit of water comming out of the joint between the header and the engine block right on spot where the 6th cylinder is located.. the tiny bit of water came from that gasket... between theengine head and the header into the Turbo.

wTH is that? Does that indicate an exhaust leak? Can i use some high heat gasket selicon to fill it up and stops the leak?
Thanks

·
Registered
523 Posts
most likely indicates an exhaust leak

if you haven't already, you should get all the exhaust stud holes re-threaded. use heli-coils (kit costs ~$55USD). get the exhaust manifold planed so its hella flat. then go out and buy an N/A exhaust gasket instead of the turbo gasket. also, if you go to these lengths to fix it all, you should buy all new studs and compression nuts. IIRC, the compression nuts were designed as a one time nut, they loose their ability to stay torqued after they have been removed after one heat/cool cycle.

and ABOVE ALL, don't over tighten the nuts!!

this is just my ideas on it all, some others may think its too much

good luck!

BTW, the nuts are like $3.15USD a piece

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
hope you don't mind my differing opinion. Check the two water hoses at the very back of the engine. Check them with the engine hot and running and rev the motor by hand to see if they're pushin' out water. Seen it happen a couple times. The water would drip drip drip down to look like it's comin out of the exhaust manifold.

If it's not that then yeah, it's condensation from perfect combustion headed for the exhaust but leaking at the manifold, though I'd be much more inclined to say that the hose suggestion is more valid.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
so is there any conclusion what was wrong Id like to know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts