Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all it's not on my supra :D instead it's on my 06 Chrsyler 300 midnight blue .... finished washing the car and park on my apartments and to my susprise the sprinklers went off at night ( usually they turn them on in the afternoon ) so anyways next day I have dry water marks on the car and even though I washed the car again that day they still noticeable if you look close

any help on getting rid of them ?? should I just wax the car ?

thanks

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Ducky water spot remover

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright .. I'm washing my car sometime this week so I will give a Ducky water spot remover a try, now .. where can I buy it rex ?? :D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Sorry, I ordered it online when i tried it on my black MKIV. It did remove some of the spots, but not all of them. Remember that the water spots I had on mine were set in...thus permanent.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I saw it, but it didn't say anything about using it on paint. It said it was good for fiberglass, glass ect. What do you do for permanent water spot marks?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Permanent water spots? Well, unfortunately those are permanent. You would have to replace the windows, or wetsand/buff the paint. Thats the breaks...its what I had to do.

If you are talking about paint, I would try having them buffed out.

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
edenward said:
Yea I'm talking paint. so you said wet sand?
I would try some water spot remover from CR Lawrence. They are a window company but they make a good industrial strength water spot cleaner.

If not, worse scenario is you need to colorsand and buff it. 2000 Grit sandpaper should do it, if its EXTREME you might need like a 1500, but thats the maximum you can go.

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have not waxed my car to get rid of them but I will today .. I'm gonna apply the wax and apply pressure as I wax .. and then do the same when I'm removing it ... I will let you know how it turns out

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That seriously should work, as long as the water spots didnt sit there on the car for a significant amount of time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts