Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up some redline water wetter and was wondering if it was compatable (SP?) with the red toyota coolant..... thanks in advance guys

-josh

·
11,221 Posts
I dunno, I'm 50/50 on using water wetter. I remember reading somewhere that it will actually help more with corrosion if you don't change it often. I use a 50/50 mix of Toyota Red and distilled water; no water wetter.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
michaelvanle said:
I dunno, I'm 50/50 on using water wetter. I remember reading somewhere that it will actually help more with corrosion if you don't change it often. I use a 50/50 mix of Toyota Red and distilled water; no water wetter.
I concur. There was a writeup about debating whether the water wetter was actually good for the car. All I know is the water/coolant is doing fine without it.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
michaelvanle said:
Are you sure you use 50/50? Weren't you the guy that used deer water and didn't know what distilled water is and called it special water?

·
4 T's and an X
2,119 Posts
I use it and remember the thread earlier about water wetter. I will soon drain it and replace it with the Toyota pink coolant

·
Registered
306 Posts
I started with water wetter not bad stuff but the royal purple stuff is much better imo i got a 5 degree difference between the two didnt really see much of a difference from the water wetter also using a 50/50 mix with the antifreeze.

·
11,221 Posts
VINZE said:
Are you sure you use 50/50? Weren't you the guy that used deer water and didn't know what distilled water is and called it special water?

Yes I was, then I changed it; still ain't using no water wetter.

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
michaelvanle said:
Fwiw, 50/50 is too much coolant for most climates, esp. the 'lower 48' in the summer. 70% distilled water to 30% coolant will cool your engine much more efficiently.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts