Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Its time for a good coat of wax before I drive the 350 miles to speedforsale to have Jeremy mod my car.. I really do not like detailing myself more then just washing it.. I have had bad luck with swirl markes in the past.. I have looked into some mobile detail guys with good reputations.. I ran across one guy who does waterless mobile detailing, it is a wash and wax in 1 and after doing some research on the net it does not seem like it is harmful to your car at all. Has anyone tried this?

·
5,058 Posts
Wash your car with a car soap. (I use meguiars). Clay bar the car. (I use mothers clay bar)

Then I use meguiars 3-Step.

(1) cleaner wax
(2) polish
(3) NXT synthetic wax

Use all microfiber towels and you will have almost no swirls.

Waterless car wash? Using water and soap to remove dirt is what protects you from scatching your paint.

Then in between car wash's use a spray on quick detailer.

*edit* Or like you said call up a detailer who actually washes the car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave, I hate paying someone else to do what I could do myself but I really do not want to even touch the paint up on the baby.. The RSX I can live with doing it myself! :)

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Its a supra, do it the right way

·
Registered
934 Posts
combining waxing and washing is a waste of time as the wax is too thin to last. the result is also inferior, although initially it looks decent for the amount of time spent. unfortunately it doesnt protect you well or very long against the elements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts