Supra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts
G

·
TwinTurboDevil said:
By the way he talked to me last night. I'm pretty sure you're ok. I wouldn't worry about it.

It was really nice to meet everybody though.

Kevin

He talked to you last night? Who you talking about? Anyways, it was nice meeting you Kev, your car is amazing. When you first boned out when we got on the road i almost shatted myself. Im sorry that you had to take on the popos like that after some of us hauled our asses out. Oh and it was nice meeting you Curtis too, always loving your quicksilver. OH later I want to get the offsets and sizes of your rims :bigthumb: .But what a damn good meet. I am down for the next one.
 

·
OT troll since 04
Joined
·
220 Posts
OMFG this is the first time i've checked the forum since yesterday and all i have to say is wow. this is fucking insane. I was the camera car and my friend was videotaping in the passenger seat. I'm planning on editing it together this weekend and then attempting to post it on the internet. Remember when i was stopped in that left turn lane...we had to go back cuz it was getting pretty late and we lived right by where the meet took place. a couple things i wanted to point out but nobody noticed---> anybody notice the cop at main street in huntington on the pier side? people were revving and it appeared he didn't even know what was going on his head was down, but you never know what if he called. how long after i turned around was this ambush? im so fucking lucky i had to go home or else i would be so fucked right now its not even funny. i had a great time seeing everybody and meeting new people hope the next one turns out much better. sorry to hear about that cop shit though that absolutely sucks
 
G

·
csJZA80 said:
OMFG this is the first time i've checked the forum since yesterday and all i have to say is wow. this is fucking insane. I was the camera car and my friend was videotaping in the passenger seat. I'm planning on editing it together this weekend and then attempting to post it on the internet. Remember when i was stopped in that left turn lane...we had to go back cuz it was getting pretty late and we lived right by where the meet took place. a couple things i wanted to point out but nobody noticed---> anybody notice the cop at main street in huntington on the pier side? people were revving and it appeared he didn't even know what was going on his head was down, but you never know what if he called. how long after i turned around was this ambush? im so fucking lucky i had to go home or else i would be so fucked right now its not even funny. i had a great time seeing everybody and meeting new people hope the next one turns out much better. sorry to hear about that cop shit though that absolutely sucks

yea you need to get that shit edited. It was nice seeing you again Cody, and i want to see the footage of my slow ass car down shifting :ghey:
 
Joined
·
227 Posts
supraman779 said:
He talked to you last night? Who you talking about? Anyways, it was nice meeting you Kev, your car is amazing. When you first boned out when we got on the road i almost shatted myself. Im sorry that you had to take on the popos like that after some of us hauled our asses out. Oh and it was nice meeting you Curtis too, always loving your quicksilver. OH later I want to get the offsets and sizes of your rims :bigthumb: .But what a damn good meet. I am down for the next one.

The cop told me that he didn't know how fast we were going. He just picked me out of the bunch because the chopper told him too. He also said he wanted to pull everyone over but the chopper guys gave him the order to get me :dunno: I'm pretty sure you're not going to get a ticket from the mail :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,578 Posts
TwinTurboDevil said:
The cop told me that he didn't know how fast we were going. He just picked me out of the bunch because the chopper told him too. He also said he wanted to pull everyone over but the chopper guys gave him the order to get me :dunno: I'm pretty sure you're not going to get a ticket from the mail :)
Man that sucks. Get a lawyer and tell the judge exactly what the cop told you. If you can prove to the judge that you were stopped illegally, you may have your case dropped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts
Wow, insane things happening and I am deffinetly not liking this. I really wanted to meet up after Clemete told me about the meet, but thank god my car was not ready. I am just very worried about driving my car once its out of the shop with the loudness it comes with and the color. Just can't believe this is happening and where to have meets thats are safe or to cruze. Is there a way to rent a cop and have them behiind us to not get pulled over or harassed by others? This shit is rediculous, you will never see a hotrod getting pulled over for the exhaust loudness or no front plate or even too low.
 
G

·
SdSupraTT said:
v1 does no good against a helo, generally they measure the distance you travel vs time so miles per hour :) I think it's more along the lines of do the speed limit in and cruise in newport :)
that's called a speedtrap.
 

·
DitchByTheSideOfTheRoad
Joined
·
485 Posts
No a speed trap is when you hide behind a bush with your speed detector and nail anyone coming by. In california, cops must be visable from XX amount of meters. If it's at night, they must have their lights on. Since a helo can't hide behind a bush, pretty much throws out the whole speed trap theory. VASCAR? I think is what they call it.

Pretty much screwed from what I have heard. There use to be a chp supra owner who said that the helo's basically never lose. He probably got clocked between 2 points and so they know that he was going a minimum of 85 mph to get from one point to another. If he hit the brakes they know he was going faster than that, but that's not really provable in court. At 40 over, they pretty much got ya by the balls anyway, so no need to go looking for more.

I am pretty sure you are allowed to ask what two points were used so you can make your own calculations and they should have the time. But it might be one of those things you need to ask when you get pulled over.
 

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
Joined
·
3,149 Posts
Thats going to be a hefty ass ticket. I think its near 11-14 dollars per mile you went over plus from what I have seen in court you may get your license suspended for dangerous driving. Good luck on that one.
 

·
Supraless
Joined
·
666 Posts
Wow... sorry to all this happened. But consider all yourselves pretty lucky. Back in the times of the OG supra crew, we've actually had some of our members end up in jail because of our cruising antics. ;)

Cops will always be dicks and there will always be these games. I highly doubt that you guys were just 'cruising' within 'legal' limits. Bottom line is.. you've gotta pay to play. Don't write checks your ass can't cash. Many of us here have learned that the hard way (myself included). I hope this works out for whoever didn't quite make it past GO.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
673 Posts
California is getting so anal anymore. Newport and Huntington Beach cops can be downright pricks. California is not messing around anymore, they need money and they are looking for ways of getting it! Cruising is one thing but everytime we jump on it we risk getting nailed for it. One of the reasons why I didn't go is because the cops down there are strict and aren't always nice and fair about things . There are a few places to avoid and Orange County is one of them and the others are Ontario, Fontana, and Rowland Heights. All I can say is turn your Valentine 1's on and be cautious out there! Try and stay out of trouble because it isn't worth it guys.
 
Joined
·
227 Posts
Nemesis said:
Wow... sorry to all this happened. But consider all yourselves pretty lucky. Back in the times of the OG supra crew, we've actually had some of our members end up in jail because of our cruising antics. ;)

Cops will always be dicks and there will always be these games. I highly doubt that you guys were just 'cruising' within 'legal' limits. Bottom line is.. you've gotta pay to play. Don't write checks your ass can't cash. Many of us here have learned that the hard way (myself included). I hope this works out for whoever didn't quite make it past GO.
Don't get me wrong. I understand about the whole "gotta pay to play" thing and I'm not complaining. I've been paying high risk insurance since I was 17 years old (been clean for the last 3 years though) To be honest, I don't think I was driving anywhere near 85+ when we were over the PCH bridge (that's where the the chopper got me according to the cop). I wasn't the lead car either mainly because I don't know where the f*** we were going :) My V1 warned me for sure, but I didn't pay attention because the musis was a little loud and all the loud ass supras around me didn't help either.

Thanks everyone for your support. No regrets on my part, it was a fun night and I got to meet alot of great people and making new friends.

See you all at the next meet.

GaNg[sTa] said:
sorry vu about what happened to you. i told you i was yelling at you not to go ahead of the cop.
Thanks bud, it's all good. It's part of life w/ the supra I guess. Now I just have to find a way to deal with it.
 

·
what comes out the butt?
Joined
·
4,463 Posts
should have told the cop that you had no license, and that you stole the car....and then that you had just killed someone and had their chopped up body parts under the mat in the trunk...

then when he called for backup and the cops found that you had a license, that the car was yours, and had no body parts in the trunk...you could have responded with..."i bet the lyer said i was speeding too"


:D

-mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
MaliCali said:
should have told the cop that you had no license, and that you stole the car....and then that you had just killed someone and had their chopped up body parts under the mat in the trunk...

then when he called for backup and the cops found that you had a license, that the car was yours, and had no body parts in the trunk...you could have responded with..."i bet the lyer said i was speeding too"


:D

-mike

hahahahaha, problem is, too many cops are trigger happy these days.
 

·
MadPhotoCat
Joined
·
618 Posts
^^^^ Thanks Flyin Ryan.........good looking out. :)
 

·
Old School Socal Member
Joined
·
364 Posts
RSA Supra said:
John Farris
Traffic Ticket Attorneys
1540 E 1st St # 260
Santa Ana, CA 92701
714-543-8885
I tried them one time about a year ago. They are very busy and will more than likely refer you elsewhere. They were too busy to help me.
 
41 - 60 of 68 Posts
Top