Supra Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
seems like it was a great meet but im glad i wasnt there. crazy sutff guys.

does the camera car have footage of the helipcopter and everything else?

·
Registered
204 Posts
damn that shits bananas! haha sounds like a movie scene (fast n furious) with all the cops and ghetto birds in the air... i wanna see that video! thats odd how he popped you for your exhuast but didnt ask to pop your hood. its usually the other way around, gettin pulled over for your exhuast but they look at everything BUT your exhuast.

G

·
SdSupraTT said:
No a speed trap is when you hide behind a bush with your speed detector and nail anyone coming by. In california, cops must be visable from XX amount of meters. If it's at night, they must have their lights on. Since a helo can't hide behind a bush, pretty much throws out the whole speed trap theory. VASCAR? I think is what they call it.

Pretty much screwed from what I have heard. There use to be a chp supra owner who said that the helo's basically never lose. He probably got clocked between 2 points and so they know that he was going a minimum of 85 mph to get from one point to another. If he hit the brakes they know he was going faster than that, but that's not really provable in court. At 40 over, they pretty much got ya by the balls anyway, so no need to go looking for more.

I am pretty sure you are allowed to ask what two points were used so you can make your own calculations and they should have the time. But it might be one of those things you need to ask when you get pulled over.
Straight out of the Veh. Code:

40801. No peace officer or other person shall use a speed trap in arresting, or participating or assisting in the arrest of, any person for any alleged violation of this code nor shall any speed trap be used in securing evidence as to the speed of any vehicle for the purpose of an arrest or prosecution under this code.

40802. (a) A speed trap is either of the following:

(1) A particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
I think they may have been after you guys for other reasons as well.. that area is heavily under pressure for late night cruisers cause 5 people have been shot on the freeways from younger people hangin out at night 4 confirmed dead and 1 guy hangin on to life. I would stay away from newport beach pch area for sure until the heat cools down. glad to hear everyone is ok

61 - 68 of 68 Posts