Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the car to a scale to find out the weight with the addition of all the stereo equipment that I recently added. The car had just a little less than a 1/4 tank of fuel...at the track I run a little less than a 1/2 tank of gas because I want to make sure the pumps get all the fuel possible at all times when I take off. I would say that it would add around 25-30lbs to the total weight...not exactly sure on that.

Anyway, the outcome was 3,460lbs. 1,900lbs for the front and 1,560lbs for the rear.

BTW...this was the car alone...I weigh around 175-180lbs. I guess if you add the extra fuel and me it would be around 3,670lbs race weight.

Take Care

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I just ordered the PC680 battery today, so now the car will be slightly lighter on the front end which will make the car closer to a 50/50 weight transfer.:)
I now have to think of some ideas on what to build around the battery...I think it will take a couple magic tricks to make the thing look as good as the battery that is already in the car.:)

Anyone want to buy my Orbital battery? It is only 6 months old, is sealed, has 1,000 cranking amps and correct me if I am wrong, but I think it retails in the $120 range. I never had a single issue with it, but just wanted something lighter.
EDIT: BTW...the Orbital battery weighs in at 38lbs.

Take Care

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
Great to hear that you're going "lighter" Tony. Since our cars are so nose heavy, there is always work to be done. Stop by my registry for more weight loss ideas anytime, and good luck with your project. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts