Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short the MKIV like most of you is my dream car. I am currently trying to sell my 95 eclipse to fund buying one of the beasts. The problem I am having is I want to know if its even worth it if all I can afford is a N/A auto and try to swap it later or is ordering a fresh motor for like 5k from titanmotorsports my only option?

From what i understand when you swap to a MT and the GTE motors you have to replace the rear end because of the gear ratios right?

Is there anyone who can give me some insight as to if this is even worth it and the degree of dificulty this would be? :hail:

FYI: Ive completely built my eclipse motor and trans myself so I can turn a wrench im more worried about cost issues and parts availablilty?

·
Registered
120 Posts
depends on what you want out of your car. if you want or think your gonna mt and gte swap just buy a tt 6 speed. anyone on this forum will tell you that swapping a na to a full tt including tranny rear end , motor, breaks ect. is waaaay more expensive than just buying a tt 6 speed in the first place. mt tranny swaps aren't that hard but still can be costly (im doing mine now) and if you ask me is a na auto worth it i would say yeah if you want an na auto. if you want a tt 6 speed and ask me is a na auto worth it i would say no. i personally love my na auto although im r154 swapping it i still love it but i didn't know when buying my car that i would eventually turbo it. had i known i probably woulda saved some money for a tt. that isnt to discourage you from getting a na auto just know to make it tt and 6 speed is gonna cost alot of bread.

masood

·
I <3 MSB
330 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
a) Why is this posted in the Builds & Projects forum? WTF? :wtf:

b) Tmccann is right. This gets asked often. Help yourself by using the SEARCH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.