Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ex MKIV Owner
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, what is the lowest possible weight you can get without spending any significant funds for mk3?|

I'm talking stripping everything you can but remaining street-legal in the sense that you won't get caught...so just 'streetable'.

Okay, now that you've stripped everything without replacing, now you start replacing...aside from CF hood and seats, what else can you do?

Final question...What is weight of 1jz-gte compared to 7mgte?
Thanks

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
1jz-gte and 7mgte, not a big difference in weight, can't give you the exact specs. But I've seen one person with a 310xlbs MKIII.

·
Ex MKIV Owner
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goddamn what is so heavy? 2500lbs Mk3 is like impossible then?
Man...that sucks :p

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
2500 lbs mkiii is possable, I have one right now:

;)

Reactions: Joe89

·
Ex MKIV Owner
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hehehe, I was impressed until I noticed the missing engine :)

btw I bet the chicks dig your interior ;)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
the mk3 isnt a race car. if you want a 2500 pound car, buy a mr2 turbo. if you want a fast GT car, get a Supra.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
You aren't going to get much under 3000 lbs unless you get crazy with a sawzall and replace parts of the chasis with lightweight bars.

Lightweight internals are MUCH BETTER than weight reduction.

The lower the weight of rotating mass (Rims/Tires, Flywheel, etc) the faster it can spin. Simple weight reduction will only get you so far.

Even drag supras with cut chassis' replaced by lightweight bars don't weight 2500 lbs, I believe the lightest supras are around 2700 lbs or so, and that's full drag condition.

Don't remember who said this: "You can't make a supra light, you can just make it less heavy"

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Who cares about weight when you got the power to push it?

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Cruise and charcoal canister literally make next to no difference. They weigh what, 2 lbs each? You can lose 2 lbs by taking a dump :dunno:

Most people prefer to remove those (Including me) because it cleans up the engine bay. I removed my charcoal canister because the vapors were leaking, and I removed cruise control because I never used it and never would have.

Check the supra weight index in the FAQ weight reduction thread for proper weights, big things like AC, Heat, Seats, etc. make quite a difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts