Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Everytime when I start my car cold it idles just fine, at about 1500-1600 rpms just like it's supposed to if I'm correct.

However, for the first 2-3 minutes when it's idling I can't even touch the gas pedal :( If I just touch the damn gas pedal the car immediately starts to stutter/hesitate badly and almost dies out on me and if I blip the throttle again it dies completely and hardly wants to crank up again!

My thoughts is that the car is running so damn rich and injects so much fuel it "kills" its own idling, can it be so? It runs pig rich while cruising and at WOT as well...

Thanks!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you have any add-ons on your car? Because I had an electrical problem with my SAFC that caused simular problems.

·
Registered
285 Posts
O2 sensor mite be telling the injectors to send too much gas to the car when its cold... cold engine, cold air, lots of gas = lots of unburned gas... reset ur ecu and check ur air cleaner element.... could be O2 sensor

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exhaust, FMIC and cam gears, that's it. Me to think it is the the ECU injecting so much fuel so it runs pig rich but why?

The 02 sensor shouldn't have anything to do with it right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
O2 sensor could have EVERYTHING to do with it...

Think about it... computer goes to check the level of oxygen going into engine... say the sensor is busted and reports too much oxygen, the computer goes "oh crap, more fuel needed or this will lean out"... *injects more fuel*... running rich...

Get what I mean? the sensor may be damaged...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, what is the cost of a new 02 sensor then?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts