Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is kinda weird to me. i remember when i got the car that i was able to hit 1.4-1.45 without a problem, then eventually i was only able to hit 1.1 then it dropped and held at .9. it would do this all te time no matter what i set my boost controller to. then recently it would occasionally ony hit .6-.7 then i would go back to it old ways of 1.1 then hold .9. as time went on it would hit .6-.7 more often. Now thats the only thing it will do. I put it in TTC mode and it does the same thing. . I havent pressurized my intract system to look for boost leakes, but i checked all of the hoses. What else could i do and what could be wrong with my car?

·
Registered
157 Posts
you might want to check your hoses first. if you see old and crack hoses then replace them. i had the same problem. so i found a bad hose. the problem was solved for awhile then it came back again. i found out i have a bad VSV.

·
Registered
658 Posts
if you are having the same situation with TTC that rules out a bad vsv and acutator to the IACV and EGCV as well as a bad prssure tank. try pulling hte hose to disable your waste gate BE CAREFUl as you have no boost control with that disabled. if that checks out pressureize your IC system if that rules out you probably have fried Turbo 2( does not always make the death whine.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well in the link here. http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/bleedert/vsv1.JPG i removed the 3 caps (were it says hose 2 is were it is also capped). The 2 on the VSV and the one on the actuator. Now im back to were i was. I am running 1.1 then it drops from there. I will only hold about .9. What does this mean?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of boost gauge do you have? I have the blitz turbo timer w/ boost gauge and it failed a while ago. Started reading all these funky nonsensically low numbers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts