Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i would have hopefully had this solved by now bu ti dont have the time anymore to sit down tear things down and test stuff 1 at a time

the car wont go past 18 psi on the new turbo, its an sp67gt, before i had an upgraded ct 60-1 10 deg clip, that put down 400 at 18 psi, and this sp67 put down 400 at 18 psi which isnt right... it doesnt put down the numbers it should and nothing has changed in the car except for the turbo.

main thing is that it wont go past 18 psi, but i doubt it could be a boost leak cause id be hitting fuel cut before 18 psi.. only possibility is that i have an intake leak somewhere pulling in unmetered air and a boost leak balancing out causing loss in boost.. compression is good, the oil has no coolant and vice versa, im stumped damnit...

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
Where is everyone getting these SP63GT's and SP67GT's? I've only ever see Sp61GT's for sale.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just asked sp if they can do a 67 instead of a 61 and they said sure they could. awesome guys there.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hell no it isnt lol... ive got a hardpipe coming from SP that shoulda been here 2 weeks ago, but it got lost in the system at soundperformance so im waiting another week i think. the accordian pipe is fucked up but ive checked it for leaks and pretty sure its not leakin anywhere., any air being let in would cause a lean mixture and higher fuel cut after being tuned out, not less boost though...

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
leaks in the accordian hose can cause all sorts of issues...

I was EXTREMLY rich when I forgot to tighten the hose clamps on mine...

I'm thinking maybe you're hitting a limit on your hardpipes or intercooler... maybe throttle body?

I dunno man, sounds weird...

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i just found something weird....on the sp turbo WG actuator they have it set up to where you can control the boost with a sliding nut assembly, well the nut was just free floating there, so i tightened it up cause obviously if its all the way to one side the other side might be where i want it at, so ill go and test that today..

havent disconnected the boost controller yet to see if thats where the problem lies, but it doesnt feel like it is the problem with the power loss present. if anyone has any good ideas, im open for them. and im replacing the accordian hose when sp finally ships it to me, a hardpipe version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts