Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my transmission thinks that my clutch is engaged. even with the clutch pedal pushed in, i can't go into gear. i can start it up in first gear but the car wants to go as if i have the clutch pedal released. what can be the cause of this?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which way should i adjust it? do i want to make it so that the shaft is going into the firewall or away from it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
hey had the same problem

well this is what i checked first clutch fluid level in the master cylender was fine
then replaced slave and master cylender still same problem.The problem ended up being the presure plate what happend to me is I miss shifted and it redlined and for some reason the cheep autozone "zoom" replacement presure plate streached and broke one of the springs so it was actually sitting crucked which was causeing the clutch to be semi engaged on once side. only outher thing it could be would be ajustment on the master cylender "not it unless it losened up or you just replaced it" or the slave cylender leaking or the slave cylender hose from the car to the slave cyl jack up the car have a friend push the clutch in or be getto like me jack up the car and get a stick the right size and use the power forward seat to push the clutch in and out great for bleeding the lines solo.

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
Do you know how to adjust your clutch pedal? If not, I will find the TSRM diagram on it.

There's an adjustment on the pedal, a rod you twist. You want to adjust this rod so that your pedal is raised up from the floor some more. This will allow the pedal to be pushed further down, hopefully disengaging the clutch.

The problem could be something else, but I would start with this, as it's the cheapest, and easiest. Takes about 15 minutes to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts