Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search with no luck.

I noticed that my car is leaking coolant because it keeps drinking from the overflow tank. I decided to pinpoint the leak. I checked all the usual spots with no luck. I started the car and noticed that the leak is coming from a hose that comes out of the bottom of the water pump. It's kind of unusual. I don't just want to cap of the hose because I'm sure it is there for some reason. Any ideas, why it's leaking. Also, i'm pretty sure that the leak from the hose only started after my fluidyne install. It leaks about a drop per second only when the car is running. thanks

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
You need to replace the water pump. Toyota designed the drain hose to attach to the water pump weep hole to avoid having it drip into the alternator and destroy it along with the water pump. This is one of the quality differences you would get form owning a supra rather than something else. If your timing belt is due for replacement (I recommend every 60k miles) then I would replace it as well. Make sure to use only Genuine Toyota coolant and throughly drain out the block as well. The coolant has properties of preventing damage to rubber and metal in the system like the hoses and engine parts.

Joe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts