Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some creaking noise is coming from the left rear side of the car.

It can be heard when the windows are open and driving slowly.. pretty audible I would say. What would be causing this?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ahm can you be a little more specific
Such as the type of noise metal? grinding? is it speed or stress dependent
coming form the wheel or under the car does it stop when you let go of the gas, or breaks, auto or manual? Any mods to the area shocks, breaks, tires?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah, sorry about that.

creaking basically describes the sound..

I havn't really sourced where the sound is exactly coming from but it is the left rear side of the car.

It stops when the car is moving and moving up to higher speeds.
My brother said he had the same noise back when he had the supra.
The sound goes away when the car speeds up.
Maybe the wind noise just covers the sound.
can't be heard with the windows up.
The car is manual and as far as suspension mods, kyb/eibach

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about that but it can't be heard with the windows up so I ruled that out.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Well rip all your panels out and tighten all the bracing back there. It could be anything. Shouldn't take more than an hour to do just the driver's side of the car. It could even be your targa. Drive with it off and see if it gets worse, or just goes away.

Alex

·
Registered
535 Posts
yeah I agree. could be many things. spare tire, targa, styrofoam thingies, suspension components, interior plastic panels, fuel tank, subwoofer box, rear seat. the rear hatch block is a common noise problem and is cheap to replace. start removing parts and see if the noise goes away. throw a friend in the hatch to listen for you. good luck.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

I just thought it might be a common problem since my brother told me he had it on his 97 when he had it couple years ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts