Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason it's been doing this once in a while and its pissing me off -------

I can be driving in 2nd/3rd, or 4th @ around 3K RPMS and if I try to go over 4K/5K the car feels like it just losing power.. its a weird hesitation.. the RPM's move alot slower going up when it happens and the car feels like its going nowhere....

It's really worrying me because on January/February I start the NA-T process on the car... and it would be pointless if theres something serious wrong on the motor which I hope there isnt.. I have a warranty on the motor...

Just looking for any leads as to what I may check? The car just had a tune up about 2 weeks ago, oil changed as well

Thanks for your help guys

Kirk
96 NA 5SP

·
Over Medicated
2,700 Posts
May be a fuel issue. Did you have the fuel filter changed as well during the tune up? The other thing you may want to look at is what you spliced into while doing all of you stereo install stuff. Turn off all the stereo stuff and see if it still has the hesitation.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't tapped into anything vital on the stereo system setup, so far its just running power from the stock radio harness (spliced into wire since I am not using the stock harness whatsoever)

Remote wire.. and thats it - After I posted this thread I went over to Adam's and the car ran perfect again... it normally runs like ass when the car is cold for some reason, its never done this before the whole supra trying to act like a boat act... For example when I start it up after work and I get on the main road.. the power band will be wacked out trying to get up to traffic speed.... after it warms up it feels normal again.

Thanks Kirk
- Kirk :D

·
vvti. what
831 Posts
my car does the same thing. when its cold it hesitates and stutters. since my sparkplug,wires,cap are new im gonna change my fuel filter. it prolly has never been changed in 190k miles heheh. when its warm it runs perfect.

by the way i have a mk3

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
exact same problem on exact same car.
Take off your air filter piping....clean the throttle body and the inside of the intake manifold with carb cleaner. 'Take off your air filter (after market or not). Clean that. Start it up, rev out the carb cleaner...should be good as new.

I overlooked the easiest problem for about 2 months.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've always been told not to clean out the TB with carb cleaner.. but I guess I will give that a try tomorrow. Thanks :)

Nice to see another 96 Black/Black Targa :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts