Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after sitting for about a month, and a fan relay rewired the car idles very rough. revving it up in neutral will still continue to be rough. seems like a misfire. while driving, it keeps misfiring unless i floor it. even in 5th doing about 30 hitting to the floor makes it smooth out. also on decel. it is pretty smooth just part throttle and idle its misfiring/running rough. we checked the coils and all are functioning fine. wires are all good. also on a side note, not sure if it could cause this problem, but the turbo is completely SHOT! still boosts fine but shoots a crazy amount of smoke. thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Jimmysmk3 said:
after sitting for about a month, and a fan relay rewired the car idles very rough. revving it up in neutral will still continue to be rough. seems like a misfire. while driving, it keeps misfiring unless i floor it. even in 5th doing about 30 hitting to the floor makes it smooth out. also on decel. it is pretty smooth just part throttle and idle its misfiring/running rough. we checked the coils and all are functioning fine. wires are all good. also on a side note, not sure if it could cause this problem, but the turbo is completely SHOT! still boosts fine but shoots a crazy amount of smoke. thanks in advance for any help.
Dead turbo or boost leak will cause a crappy idle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
could a blown turbo actually make the car idle rough / misfire and also drive rough/misfire under normal driving conditions (normal throttle)? car is fine WOT

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so we narrowed it down to the #1 cylinder. pull the ignition wire nothing happens. put it back in. rev it up and it smooths out. now i pulled the injector clip for that cylinder and revved it up and it stayed rough. so im thinking the injector could just be majorly clogged. btw checked for injector pulse and is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
put a new injector in...did nothing, still runs the same.

any ideas?

·
Registered
71 Posts
checked all the injector wires, everything is good, pulseing, power spark yada yada... our next thing to check is replaceing the turbo, i have a ct-26 just need to wait to get a new oil gasket for it from the dealer.. reason y we think it's the turbo is because i took it out a few hours ago and noticed that reguardless of what speed / gear / rpm as long as the car was under ANY amount of positive boost the car ran fine. Even if i was at 5 grand and just cruiseing there, if i had any vac the car still ran rough, as soon as any boost came in to affect, the car ran fine.

will post results in a few days when i receive the gasket

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
um, dumb q, but did you check for codes?

<l><l>

·
Registered
71 Posts
yep, weird thing with that actually...the car also idles lower than normal due to this rough / misfire..it idles at about 500-600 rpm...well while checking for codes at low rpm the check engine light would just flash quickly repeatedly, not reading off any code, just flashing...when given a little gas (rpms at about 900-1000) the only code it read off was 5-1 which was something to do with the AC, which wouldn't affect us at all.

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
snake eyes said:
um, dumb q, but did you check for codes?

<l><l>
:1poke: ......You have done a compresion test 150 each pot :rolleyes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
gonna get a compression tester from my buddy tomorrow and see what it says. Being that the #1 cylinder is the one at fault we only need to doa compression test on that one correct? no need to check 2-6?

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
TripleP46 said:
gonna get a compression tester from my buddy tomorrow and see what it says. Being that the #1 cylinder is the one at fault we only need to doa compression test on that one correct? no need to check 2-6?
Test #1 test them all remove 3000cc pipe remove coil & ht leads take out plugs find all 150psi then remove cam covers check all shim spacings :bigok:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well we just did a compression test on the #1 cylinder and it read 140. thats the cylinder that is missing under vac. so we replaced the coils, we have spark. replaced that injector, we have a pulse, and we have compression. when pulling the new plug it was pretty black. any other suggestions?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts