Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay apparently my car is running open wastegate right now on my MK3.

I have the SP61 kit with the external tial wastegate.

How do I hook this thing up correctly?

I have the IN and OUT on the Greddy Profec B (original model), the nipple on the compressor housing, and then the nipples on the wastegate: one close to the downpipe and the one farther away from the downpipe.

Now how does this thing hook up correclty to run boost?

It worked fine on my CT-26 before, and I'm wondering why it doesn't work now :(

Usually it hits cut at 14-15psi in daytime, then 17-18 at night.

This is driving me nuts.....

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
87turbosupra said:
Okay apparently my car is running open wastegate right now on my MK3.

I have the SP61 kit with the external tial wastegate.

How do I hook this thing up correctly?

I have the IN and OUT on the Greddy Profec B (original model), the nipple on the compressor housing, and then the nipples on the wastegate: one close to the downpipe and the one farther away from the downpipe.

Now how does this thing hook up correclty to run boost?

It worked fine on my CT-26 before, and I'm wondering why it doesn't work now :(

Usually it hits cut at 14-15psi in daytime, then 17-18 at night.

This is driving me nuts.....

Look in the profec manual and hook it up for external WG. There is also a switch on the profec that you will need to change. I think Greddy also has the hose diagram on their website.

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did that and it STILL hits cut at around 14-15psi. IN goes to the compressor housing nipple on the SP61, OUT to the top of the wastegate (farthest from downpipe), and the bottom nipple of the wastegate connecting into the plenum for vacuum pressure.....exactly how it says on the greddy site..........any other ideas? Is this wastegate adjustable? How would I adjust it for MINIMUM boost?

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
87turbosupra said:
I just did that and it STILL hits cut at around 14-15psi. IN goes to the compressor housing nipple on the SP61, OUT to the top of the wastegate (farthest from downpipe), and the bottom nipple of the wastegate connecting into the plenum for vacuum pressure.....exactly how it says on the greddy site..........any other ideas? Is this wastegate adjustable? How would I adjust it for MINIMUM boost?

The wastegate that comes with the turbo is a 1 bar WG so base boost will be 1 bar. You cannot go lower than this.

·
Official SF BS Detector
177 Posts
I would suggest putting a T in the line from the compressor housing and running this to the side port of the WG. The boost signal will be better (higher) there and will lower your base boost a bit.

Your boost cut is based on MAF readings. The new turbo is moving more air at all boost levels and therefore the MAF is reading more air moving thru it. Your boost cut will happen at a lower boost.

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, after changing the profec settings to external setup, it STILL does not open at 1 bar.

How do I check and see if the wastegate will open and functioning properly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts