Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... around 1am last night my built 7m came to life.... everything seems fine, no CELS, no warning lights at all, idles mint, rev like a sewing machine.

However the factory radio is acting up.... When it is off the speakers make a poping noise... pop..pop..pop. When you turn it on the nosie stops, but all i get is static as the antenna is not going up.

Any ideas on the cause of the poping noise?

Thanks
-Dustin

·
Search
3,305 Posts
when i read that the first thing that poped into my mind was a grounding problem... not really sure why, but that's what came to mind...

·
Registered
583 Posts
wires are touching your car some where, imo anyway.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
did you ground the engine to the chassis?

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeahh... all ground are there... when i bought the car with a BHG it did the same thing.. so its not related to the rebuild

Should I just try putting my cd player in and see if it goes away?

·
Registered
963 Posts
yeah phones screw stuff up when it gets around tv's or speakers...I hate it cuz when I drive people there's always someone around it makin noises so I just turn it off...

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea.. i know the noise that you are talking about.... its def an electical issue

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
grounding im betting. check to make sure the wires look alright and the insulation hasnt melted at all. had a problem with that on my old honda were the wires melted a little, got corroded and then started to ground against some metal piece. good luck man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts