Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· 71 Millimeters
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving around today and finally found a nice stretch to hit full boost and out of no where a harmlesss plastic bag just floating by decides to go in my front bumper, slip in right by my 4-row greddy intercooler and gets caught right into my fan i pulled over and yanked it out.... no damage done.............just though it was pretty funny.........any body have weird things like this ever happen to their supras?

· Supraless member
387 Posts
The underground parking in my previous dormitory had metal plates that could lift up so someone else could park under my car. Like a car lift, pretty much. The Supra was quite wide with the big tires, so the space between the wheels and the borders of the plate was like 3-4 cm on each side.
To avoid scratching them, I've put rubber liners on each border, tightly taped so they couldn't move at all (each rubber stripe was about a car in length and 30cm wide).
Someday after 2 years, I was already late to go to work, took the car out of the lift and I could hear something dragging. One of them rubber liners sticked to my rear tire and was wrapping the whole brake disc/suspension/arms area
:wtflol:
It was such a mess, it took me an hour to jack up the car, take the wheel off, and unwrap that thing which was sticking everywhere, tightened by the torque when I got out of the lift. No damage, but at first I was kind of scared the brake lines got loose or something :rolleyes:

Another day, I've got old newspapers stuck in my front air intake without noticing it, then I drove the car on a rainy day on the highway...bad move...it got disintegrated I don't know how and there were pieces of sticky wet paper all over the radiator and behind the bumper. Took me 2 hours to clean it up.

· Registered
386 Posts
I was driving down a mainstreet, and my buddy's said earlier, when i drive over a bag or someshit, it follows my car because of the downforce....so I found a lil bag, drove over it, and watched it chase my car for 4 blocks...lol

Lame yes, but pretty cool.

· 2JZ yes shit
1,208 Posts
I was driving towntown, and my custom ic piping sat a little low that day, so as I'm driving down the street with tons of ppl around, i pick up this almost flat cardboard piece and start dragging it. I heard it drag, so I had to stop in the middle of the road, reverse-parallel park (all while traffic is backed up behind me and ppl are honking) all to get the cardboard pulled out, and then drive into the oncoming lane when it's clear to avoid driving over it again.

· (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,165 Posts
I managed to run a cross a tumbleweed once, yes a tumble weed, and it got caught up in the exhaust and I dragged it all the way home.

Also one time ran over a plastic bag, which immediately got caught on, and melted on the cat (when I actually still had a cat)... car smelled gross for awhile =/

· Just some guy
2,852 Posts
I remember one time I was driving along the freeway. All of a sudden hear a loud thud, like I had ran over something large and it hit my underside. I look in the rearview and notice a large piece of metal bouncing towards the center median. I decide to pull over to inspect my car and the steering had gotten completely heavy. After I pulled over, I noticed that my power steering pully had completely sheared off of the shaft (PS pump froze). Luckily I shot it down and not up into my hood.

· Registered
622 Posts
VINZE said:
Ever have one of our shopping cart wings catch a plastic bag? Not pretty but pretty funny!
No....but you know what i saw that was even more funny. A civic with a double stacked ten footer that had his wing ripped off by a tarp that flew off a landscaper's truck. Now that was funny :rofl:

· 7m ftl!
622 Posts
One time GotToyota? and I were riding in my car at about 1 am. We were going down a road at 40mph and all of a sudden i see a skunk waddling in the middle of the road the same way im going. I straddle the skunk in hopes that I wouldnt hit it, but unfortunately in this situation the Supra was too low. I hit the skunk with what felt like the differential and I could feel it in my legs and torso. It was a nasty feeling. The car smelled like a skunk for almost 3 weeks.

Chris

· Registered
1,764 Posts
I know a guy who hit a deer carcass on the road and ran it over. He couldn't stop, as it came flying out from under the vehicle ahead of him. It did a little damage to the front bumper, but not to bad. It was just a Bambi. Anyway, when he ran it over, the deer hit the front cross member as he drove over it and tore some meat away from the deer. The meat got stock on the front cross member and some on/near the exhaust. He got the damage fixed, but wondered what that weird smell was for months. It turns out that he was cooking venny on his exhaust. You should have seen the deer meat that was lodged up under his car :bigthumb:

· Registered
3,997 Posts
I was driving behind an suv and had a car next to me in the next lane. A rock was in the middle of the road and I couldn't see it a head of me because of the damn suv. I couldn't go to the next lane because of there being a car next to me. I hoped for the best that the rock was small enough to go under without any problems. I hit it and my front end left the ground. I got an annoying rattling sound that I couldn't firgure out what is was for days. It turned out my support bracket that connects to the tranny and right behind the cat was busted right at a bolt and that's why I didn't see it =T

· LexusTico
3,604 Posts
VINZE said:
Ever have one of our shopping cart wings catch a plastic bag? Not pretty but pretty funny!
yeah lol... I caught a pretty big plastic bag with my wing and my antenna... I shut off the radio which lowered the antenna and away the bag went.... away right into the grill of the SUV behind me :doh:

· Registered
382 Posts
Driving down I-20 to DriftAtlanta one year, I was following my buddy's SC300 in my GS300. I saw a flattened cardboard box in the road and went to straddle it. A breeze or the draft from his car picked it up and smacked it square on my grille. It stayed on the front of the car for miles.. even after I drafted his car so close that I almost touched his bumper, trying to get the wind that was holding it to go over and around the car so it would drop off, all it did was move over a little. It was a pretty big box and it was blocking airflow to the radiator, I could see the temp rising on my GReddy guage. My buddy Derek was no help, he was holding the camera up thru his sunroof, and behind his head snapping pics of my car behind him. Thankfully (?) near Columbia we hit some traffic and as we had to slow down, the box slid off.

· Premium Member
22,403 Posts
Back when I had my Chevelle, TWICE I parked and found a dragonfly spearheaded my grill, which had holes just big enough for the head, and he was just sticking straight out backwards.

Another time I was riding with my friend and a frog somehow landed right on his hood. It wanted to get away from the wind/hot hood, so it tried to jump off.....the front. It smacked the windshield and my friend laughed so hard he had to pull over.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.