Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well,

I joined a new club last week while testing the 1jz cams I'm developing with crower.

Starting to get lean, need more fuel then the 550's.... Going to try to turn on my 3 AIC injcetors and see how much fuel I gain. Maybe too much for one walbro to handle along with the stock fuel lines.

Just couldn't get more fuel from emanage unless i turned up the fuel pressure which ment retuning the whole curve.

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
Congrat's Man!! :bigthumb:
Welcome to 500 whp CLUB.
Normally when torque falls of similarly to your curve, it's usually indicative of the engine choking - either from too much fuel or insufficient flow. Timing is another culprit. Since you're testing new cams, then you may want to invest into some adjustable CAM gears if you haven't already to maximize on the CAM's potential.
GL.

Edit:
"Insufficient flow" should be interpreted as "insufficient 'AIR' flow".

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
congrats. looks like you need to change your whole setup now.....

injectors, fuel pump, line, etc..

good luck

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
ill be there soon enough :D congrats man!!!!!

cant wait to get my cams on order from ya :D

chris

·
12,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aljordan said:
Twelve point five to one. ouch.

Don't do that on the street or its game over.

Al, I haven't boost was turned down 3 psi on the street because I can't get it to richen up.

Howard, I have cam gears, but I'm testing a base line with no adjustment.

I really wonder what these turbos will do at 35 PSI like maseo was doing.... They seem to LOVE high boost.

Going form 20 PSI (477 whp) to 22.8 gained me to 525! and going from 18 to 20 gained from 419 to 477!

·
12,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^ Yeah I know!!

Well looks even jacking the fuel pressure to 60 base didn't help....

Just wondering, I did a test by jumping FP and B no the diag box and the most FP i could get was 70 PSI (car isn't running just running on battery) is that normal for a walbro? I though I should be able to hit 100.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Holy shit that power band is awesome, congrats. Can you copy paste your mods in here or link?

Time for dual walbros?... or even better A1000?

·
Registered
427 Posts
With the AIC, don't "tune" the AIC. Just have it set. Then tune the E-manage with the AIC on. MUCH easier to tune that way.

·
12,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^ good idea.

These turbos really LOVE boost, each pound is netting me like 26 WHP. When I went form 18 to 23

Mods are as follows
1jz stock bottem end
prototype crower cams
crower springs and retainers
Twin k26 turbos (manifold and turbos ceramic coated)
4" IC (short though keeps stock water overflow)
2.75" IC piping when the twins join
MK4 550's
Walbro pump
SARD ECU
Emanage BLUE
Twin 2.5" DP's which feed into a 3" Y pipe which dumps via electric cutout.

I was going to shoot for the stars and go to 26 PSI but I ran out of fuel at 22. I'm going to be installing a meth kit and trying to hookup my extra 3 injectors. To see how that helps out. I have a real space problem in my engine bay as there is so much crap crammed in there. I need to relocate the batter to get space back but I'm hesitant to do it because it's a PIA.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
ZaZZn said:
I have a real space problem in my engine bay as there is so much crap crammed in there. I need to relocate the batter to get space back but I'm hesitant to do it because it's a PIA.
Nah its not that bad, it only is if you cant handle desacrating your car by drilling holes.

·
SC61 Powered 90T
847 Posts
Nice numbers but damn that lag is killer, try leaning it out more until full boost hits (5700ish rpm)

Should be able to get your peak torque closer to 5000rpm

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
TO go any futher, you're going to need another in tank pump, and bigger injectors. Don't hack it up with AIC's and meth kits. Do it right with bigger injectors.

You need to do some math on injector sizing and pump output. No way in hell can a single walbro flow fuel at 70psi static, in addition to boost. I'd be suprised if it flows 10 lph at 90psi (70 static + 20 boost).

You've come this far.. do the stuff right and finish it out.

·
12,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Al,

I know it all will be done, but the thing is I'm trying to budget it for the right time.

I'm already planning a top feed with dual pumps, and larger injectors. I was looking at the walbro flow and it should have enough flow for 650 CC injectors at 40 base. Eaither way, I know where you are going... I'm not planning to run much more boost at present until I have installed my twin feed setup I have planned.

Just wondering for anyone out there, if you jump FP and B+ what kind of pressure do you get

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
ZaZZn said:
Hi Al,

I know it all will be done, but the thing is I'm trying to budget it for the right time.

I'm already planning a top feed with dual pumps, and larger injectors. I was looking at the walbro flow and it should have enough flow for 650 CC injectors at 40 base. Eaither way, I know where you are going... I'm not planning to run much more boost at present until I have installed my twin feed setup I have planned.

Just wondering for anyone out there, if you jump FP and B+ what kind of pressure do you get

Good. I guess I seem harsh since I see people go this far.. and get excited when they make power and start to get greedy with it. Next thing you know they are crying that their 7m is a POS and that they want a jz motor. :)

When I jumper those terminals, I get what ever my static pressure is set to. Static pressure has no vacuum. ALWAYS set with no vacuum. Comparing numbers with vacuum is useless as well. No vacuum = good.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
congrats! i plan on joining the club later this summer

1 - 20 of 32 Posts