Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone needed to go up to longer studs to fit a set of slicks? I have a set of weld drag lights that I just picked up but they are way too thick for the stock studs. Anyone have any first had experience with this? Just looking for advice before I go mess something up. I already sourced the lugs that I would need (long weld ones).

Eric

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
With sst lug nuts they should work on the stock wheel studs.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
Yes all you need are larger shank studs with OPEN ENDS! make sure they are open, for NHRA rules

Got mine from Summit for 20 bucks

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i saw the closed end weld nuts in 12mmx1.5 but not the opens... Am i looking in the wrong place? also any good sources for studs and what size end do i need.Thanks for the info.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Jegs or Summit have the open end ones, not all brands have open end, so check a different brand.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Keep in mind funkbomb has a MKIII. I'm assuming his wheel studs are shorter than the MKIV's.

Dave H, what's the difference in these "sst" open lug nuts and the stock open lug nuts? Will the stock ones make contact with the center cap or something? I'd like to replace them with alluminum ones if possible.

John H

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
The SST's just have a very long shank, that protrudes into the wheel a long way. I've ran my welds on my mkiii also, I believe the wheel studs are about the same length. They fit fine with the sst lug nuts anyway. You don't actually need the open end lug nuts with the stock studs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts