there is a sticky at the top, READ IT!

anyways....

15X10
7.5" Backspacing
N/A brakes required

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
What up wigga! Yah I run these. What do you want to know? Give me a measurement from the wms to front of the caliper. Draglites are conical so they go from are narrower from the wms to wider on the inside. They run around 12.5 inches from wms and widen out to 14.5 on the inside. I have a feeling that they will fit, barely, but will still fit. Keep in mind that we have to run 1/4 spacers to keep them off the inner fender wall when running bigger than 275s. Therefore, that spacer will also give you more brake clearance.

With love,
Cummins

·
Supra + DSM = heaven
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey cummins thanks for the help buddy! About how far out from the spokes is it before it gets to the mid 13s? A couple inches? Hows your beast running these days? Been a while since I saw you at the meets.

Thanks for the reply GT35R

With some luck the 12.2" rotor might fit they are pretty decent brakes. I am thinking that since this goes under the skinnies the narrower section shouldnt be that big on a 4" wheel. As long as the calipers can be set back far enough it should all clear.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
damn hold on I have to go outside and measure it. But if you want to know if they clear it would be best to give me the wms to caliper measurement and I can tell you exactly where that is in relation to the wheel. And if you're around I can even let you borrow the wheel to try out. Hold on be back soon wheel is in the garage.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
ok back. It goes to mid 13s fairly quick the conical part is very short. Then it goes to 14.5 and keeps that distance til the end of the wheel. I'd say it goes to 13.5 in about an inch past the wms. So that's not too bad given that you can run a 1/4 spacer. You ever get the measurement from the wms to the caliper?

I see that you want to do this with skinnies? Just to give you an idea, with draglite skinnies on our cars you'll need a 1 inch hub centric adapter. There is no correct back spaced off the shelf 15" wheel that fits our cars directly. Once you do this there is no problem clearing the brakes. You should be able to fit 12.2 rotors no prob. For draglites get the 15x4 with 2.25 bs. They make 15x3.5 with 2.25 bs in other wheels and those will fit inside the fenders better.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Not sure if it will help or not, but I have ran skinny's over 13" cobra brakes using a 3/8 spacer and some grinding on the caliper. I know diff car, but 13" brake, none the less. These were however, centerline warriors. The rears were 15X10 w/ 28X13.50 ET Streets fwiw over large brake also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts