Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is welding the spider gears a good and safe method for geting both tires to spin off the line or would this be a bad idea?

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
There are better and safer options. Welding the spider gears is something that's commonly done on domestic drag cars and such, but doing so totally locks the differential and puts added stress on the differential and driveshafts while turning.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I love the way that entire topic was you posting more information on the same subject, as if you had to one-up yourself. Thanks for doing all of that research!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well mostly because another differential cost lots of money i don't have, welding I can get done for free...

M

·
0 Posts
both your tires dont spin with out LSD well mine does :) hahaha my car is wierd seriously.

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah thats never good dont do it i have heard bad things about doing this its kinda like cutting springs i dont recomend it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's even funkier in the snow. The back end will start to track all over when you get on the slipperies. Having them locked together means that one is always sliding when doing anything other than strait line driving.

I would not recommend this for anything other than a junker car that you want to do donuts in.

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
i dont have lsd, and I always spin both off the line. I did a huge burnout one time and did a couple donuts, had them both spinning the entire time. I wouldnt worry about getting lsd unless you are drifting or have serious power you need to lay down.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well It used to spin both with my 7mg... but with the 1jz it has alot more power and off the line likes to only spin one...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts