Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about going to a weldon setup..my question is, which is a better choice, putting a bulkhead in the bottom of the tank or using a fuel pump hanger setup such as the virtual works hanger..

car is mainly on the street but will see some track.
thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You do not need to drill and tap it. I used a 12 an bulk head with teflon washers and 12 an nuts on both ends. I had a little leak and we then used a locktite made for gasoline and its perfect so far. Staats.

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thanks... I was planning on the bulkhead if I go that route...which I most likely will be

·
Registered
9,872 Posts
You do not need to drill and tap it. I used a 12 an bulk head with teflon washers and 12 an nuts on both ends. I had a little leak and we then used a locktite made for gasoline and its perfect so far. Staats.
did you use a 90? Do you mind snapping a pic if possible.

Jason

·
Registered
9,872 Posts
A 90 degree bulkhead fitting works perfectly and like Staats said you do not need to drop the tank you can just drill it and use teflon washers.
I understand that but I cannot wrap my head around how the teflon washers work with the bulkhead 90 as it doesnt have the "nut" on the bottom side like a straight fitting does. Are you guys adding an additional nut to the bottom....and stacking it like this: nut/washer/tank lining/washer/nut?

Jason

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
We run a -10AN 90, then two teflon washer, then a Viton O Ring, then teflon washer inside then two anodised nuts to lock it in place
a good thing to do is measure the height if what is left over after you stack all of those items on top
and cut the left over thread off
then you can machine out the internal section of the bulkhead to form a funnel like shape also
i would re anodise the fitting after that too

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
hey victor...I was looking at the 90 bulkheads... I havent found anything that is like a low profile for inside of the tank...the fitting appears to have a good amount of material on it...can you just cut it flush with the nut that would be inside the tank???

edit. I posted at the same time as above.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The bulk head has provisions for a nut on both ends. We have a nut on the inside and a nut on the outside with teflon washers in between. The following is a picture of the bulk head.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
A bulkhead at the bottom of the tank works perfect. I'm running a low profile bulkhead to a tight 90 degree -12an hose end. My car is street driven and I have yet to have any problems or clearance issues. Just my $0.02

A.J. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts