Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally test mounted my Welds today to make sure the backspacing was correct. I just clear by a few C hairs. So I am fine there I think . But the studs dont protrude the wheel at all. Does Weld have special nuts for their wheels or something?
Any info would be great. Thanks,.

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are these what I need? I dont think long studs are the answer cuz the studs would be rediculously long.
BTW, I have Draglites I think they are, or racelites

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
PM-Performance said:
Are these what I need? I dont think long studs are the answer cuz the studs would be rediculously long.
BTW, I have Draglites I think they are, or racelites

yes, that is the type lug nuts you need

Jason

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
PM-Performance said:
thanks. and as long as I dont hit the brake calpers and stick out from the car I am fine then?
give me a few, I will dig up my invoice....I will let you know exactly which ones you need.

Jason

·
Wheel Whore
2,340 Posts
I believe for the rears, I used the lugs I got from summit. They are the welds and the part # is: WLD-601-1452 12x1.5 open shank .550. These are mounted on ARP is300 studs i got from titan.

for the fronts I used a centerline lug # CLL-L5015 12x1.5 .750 MAG open shank. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
SupraWillis said:
I believe for the rears, I used the lugs I got from summit. They are the welds and the part # is: WLD-601-1452 12x1.5 open shank .550. These are mounted on ARP is300 studs i got from titan.

for the fronts I used a centerline lug # CLL-L5015 12x1.5 .750 MAG open shank. Hope this helps
I assume you have N/A brakes all the way around??
Can you post all the specs of your wheel/tire combo please. Brand, size, offset, tire size, etc. Also what kind, if any, of fender mods to make it all fit.

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
suprwhp said:
I have been there a few weeks ago :)
This is exactly what you need and you can keep the stock studs.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294922919+4294919065+400100+115&autoview=sku

Thread Size: 12mm x 1.50 RH
Lug Nut Shank Length (in): 1.380 in.
Lug Nut Shank Diameter (in): 0.687 in.
Washer Outside Diameter (in): 1.250 in.

Take care,

But the question is...are they stock studs legal to use at NHRA tracks and events??? I am pretty sure the studs have to be longer to be legal to get the right amount of thread on them and for added safety. Otherwise why does everyone have them??? Just curious....i could be wrong.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
But the question is...are they stock studs legal to use at NHRA tracks and events??? I am pretty sure the studs have to be longer to be legal to get the right amount of thread on them and for added safety. Otherwise why does everyone have them??? Just curious....i could be wrong.
Good question but that was not the original one... Don't know about NHRA regulation?
If you want longer studs that protrude the wheel the option is the ARP IS300 studs from Titan.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
You can get the correct ones for your car from autozone, advance auto, pep boys for MUCH cheaper(ie: under a dollar each). The day I pay $65 from summit(10.99 for 4, you need 20, then add shipping/handling charge of 10 bucks) for flippin lug nuts is the day I want someone to kick me in the nuts hard.
FWIW, some classes require X ammount of stud to be protruding through an open end nut, the closed end(ie, you need to run longer studs). Might wanna check your class or requirements at your local track.

·
Wheel Whore
2,340 Posts
basupra said:
I assume you have N/A brakes all the way around??
Can you post all the specs of your wheel/tire combo please. Brand, size, offset, tire size, etc. Also what kind, if any, of fender mods to make it all fit.

Thanks, Tim
Yes they are N/A all around. They are the weld aluma-stars , 15x4 up front and the rears are 15x10 with a 7 inch backspace. The tires are ET fronts 26 x 4.5 15 and the rears are 26 x 11.5 15 in the rear. I use to run CCW's on the street so my fenders were already trimmed. I do not know the offset.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
I thought that the studs had to have at least 1/2 the width of the stud pass the end of the lug nut.

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
the way these wheels are designed getting longer studs is rediculous. These wheels have like a 2 base center section per say and its hollow in the middle. I dont know why they do that, but just the right lugnuts should be more then adequate. Now if the center section was solid and one piece like other wheels then I would say longer studs needed

Anyway thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.
Now I just need to decide on tires. I was thinking Moroso's , but alot of people on here seem to suggest the Firestones. opinions?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts