Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today while i was driving around I stumbled upon this killer red RX7. It was so beautiful. It had a full widebody kit (first I had seen with my own eyes in the states). What was weird was the fact that it was one of the 1st gen rex's. I got out and for sure it was for sale. the owner came out and he was an older man in probly his fourties. He let me in and told me that he only wanted 2200 for it. I was in aw, the interior was imaculate black leather fully restored as I was later told. The motor was a masterpeace, clean fully rebuilt blueprinted and balenced (as was fully documented). This car had everything. It was a stunning red with BBS black indy style racing wheels. full front and rear sway bar kit and DUAL WEBBER CARBS.... I sat and talked to the man for a while and we shared many stories about each others car. As it turned out he was a avid supra lover and just about pissed himself when I showed him my car. I found out that he bought the car in early 1981-82, and had babied it from then own, he started building it in the late 80's and the kit which he had was one of only 3 on the east coast. We spent several hours testing my car ;) which I let him drive for a couple miles through the curves and on the interstate where we did a top end run at a best of 155mph. Next he alowed me the honor of testing his red beast and told me to give it my all. She was beautiful and unyeilding with power. 1st and 2cond gear where almost usless but I soon found that 3rd as with supras was a awsome powerhouse. I road it all the way to 100 leading me to belive that there was more to the tranny than stock form could deal with. Each curve was tackled almost with ease no roll whatsoever infact I should say that this monster was as close to an acctuall indy car as one could legally get. Although I prased his car he prased mine as well seeing as his rebuilt rotary only had 20 grand on the odometer and my 7m-gte was at a healthy 161,000. He acctually told me that he would trade me. But I told him that I couldn't let go of my baby. He understood and gave me his number I put in for a loan shortly after and am waiting for a reply. I cannot wait, a KILLER RX7 parked right behind a Beautiful Supra Turbo.

·
20G Boostin'
1,676 Posts
good luck man. i had a first gen Rx7 before i had a supra and it was a sweet car. not nearly the power of a supra but it handled like a go-kart on steriods.

ive been sorta looking around for another cheap first gen to restore and use as secondary transportation.

g'luck on the loan. hope you get it -- and post some pics

·
Former MKIII owner
1,081 Posts
i was looking for a beater car/ truck. But i wouldn't be able to stand the slowness. So i think i'll be getting a GSXR 750, R6, or a ZX7. Good gas mileage, not bad insurance, FASTER THAN FUKK.

Good luck on the loan for the RX-7.....GET SOME PICS!! ME WANT TO SEE. :D

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
what year rx-7? you said early 1st gen.?
otherwise no words to describe :drooling:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is like an 81-82 looks like an updated 79.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is pretty cool, I am almost garentied to get the loan for it. I am getting a 4k loan so I will be able to get a turbo for it

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
supraredliner said:
it is pretty cool, I am almost garentied to get the loan for it. I am getting a 4k loan so I will be able to get a turbo for it
You should see the 2nd car im getting :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts