Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my first speeding ticket in my sup, i know it's not really a proud thing to get, but every one is bound to get one with a car like this..

first of all it's kind of skrewed, i deliver pizza, and drive a pos beater usualy, well just of friday or so, they tell me i cant drive my pos car any more due to it's not a good reputation for pizza hut.. and i was given the option of fix it or drive another vehicle.

knowing i cant afford to fix it i have to suck it up and drive my sup, if i still want decent paychecks..
well tonight no more then driving my car for 5 days for work and i got a speeding ticket.. i was sitting at a large intersection, and i was facing west, with the sun set in my eyes, light turns green i get into it but not very hard, i cruize ahead of most the traffic and cought up with the last of the turn traffic, and i decide to check my mirror and wow a cop was behind me, not sure how long he was behind me, but i do know that his lights werent on yet, so i changed lanes (lower 25mph slowing down) as i was aproaching a red light, and i switched to a lane with less traffic in it, when i did so he flipped on his lights, and i had that gut feeling he was doing it all for me...

well he wrote me a ticket for 132 bucks, and said i was doing 53 in a 40..

i know it could be worse, but really cant afford to have a ticket on my wreckord for insurance, i had one defered a little over a year ago, for 73 in a 40, long story.. but im pretty sure i read that if i get another ticket with in a 2 year period that both tickets would become noticable on my record.. is this True?

any ways, the cop did say he had a hard time catching up..

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
don't worry about it, get a lwayer if you're super worried, you might pay less and it won't touch your record

I got 4 tickets in a matter or months. First driving my mom's car, then the last 3 in mine, none on my record :)

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the deffer is like the state knows it's there, and allow it to remain for a set time, to which you cant do it again..

i was thinking just to take it to court and see if the cop shows, i heard if he doesn't show that it's dismissed...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yeah, a deferred sentence is where the court places the ruling on hold for a given duration. They specify terms which, if met, result in the discharge of the ruling. Otherwise you're nailed for the full thing.

The court can also defer a lesser pleading, wherein if you are convicted/plead guilty to any violation during a given time period then the plea goes out the window and you get slapped with the full ticket. If you hold up your end you get the lesser sentence. I've seen a lot more deferred sentences like this.

Deferred sentences can REALLY suck. Especially if it's a case where a particularly nasty ticket, let's say 20pts, will be reduced to a 2pt defective vehicle charge after oh, let's just say 4 years of NO tickets and NO written warnings.

As for the thing about the officer not showing up for a court date... AFAIK, most states have laws which permit the court to reschedule for a new date at least once. Never heard of it happening, but I suspect they'd do it for someone with a shitload of tickets already on their record.

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
pimptrizkit said:
any ways, the cop did say he had a hard time catching up..

they said that to me when i tryed to race the cop in my NA :/ dont get to happy.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Yea; i deliver pizza and I got nailed delivering in my supra as well; the biggest ticket probably of my life; a racing ticket which, if you don't know is a criminal ticket....

It is deferred for 2 years, and if I finish the 2 years with no tickets, then it is dropped to a neg 2, and then it sits on my license for 3 years.

I am about 6 months in, and no tickets so far :).

I'm getting a lot more aggressive w/ my driving so I think its time to slow it down.

ANd about the pizza hut telling you that you can't drive your beater, thats bullshit.

I would gaurantee my beater is/was worse, an 87 celica running no exhaust from the manifold, fully dented, oxidized, with wood nailed down to cover the roof.

The car is a rolling POS, and pizza hut has never told me that it is ruining the rep to drive it, in fact with gas prices this high I wouldn't even listen to them

I would contact your area coach and have a talk with them about your car being "banned" from using in deliveries.

Most area coaches are pretty cool and will allow most anything as long as you haven't done some pretty shady shit with pizza hut before or also if you hve been in trouble before for something then I would be pretty careful about talking with the area coach.

I would subpoena the cop; and subpoena the log book of the cop.

The cop didn't show for my ticket that I got most recently, a 95 in a 60. He was in the military and was back for a 2 week period and decided to come in and work for a few days :rofl: and when I subpoena'd him, guess what? He had shipped out again :lol:

So, just hope for the best and subpoena, but if you really can't afford the ticket I would look @ the mucklestones, its 350 but they will get you off, or reduced to a no point towards your license ticket.

Good luck sir.

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
yea your beater is some beater man. but it's cooler when you bring me pizza in the sup

·
Registered
148 Posts
That ticket should be no biggie...just go to court and try to plea to a lower charge. The fine might be more but you will save tons on insurance later.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
Fight the ticket always, you will always get somthing lower. or get out of the ticket completely.

I always fight my own tickets here in toronto.

I've had about 4-5 speeding tickets over the coruse of 6 years and everyone of them has been dropped.

Cop hasn't shown once. ;)

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
if anything try for defensive driving, cost some money but the ticket goes away!

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Disced said:
ANd about the pizza hut telling you that you can't drive your beater, thats bullshit.

I would gaurantee my beater is/was worse, an 87 celica running no exhaust from the manifold, fully dented, oxidized, with wood nailed down to cover the roof.

The car is a rolling POS, and pizza hut has never told me that it is ruining the rep to drive it, in fact with gas prices this high I wouldn't even listen to them
:rofl: hahaha PICS!!

sucks about the ticket man, 132 for 13 over seems kinda high. a buddy of mine was going 13 over and his ticket was $63. 50 plus $1 per mph he was over.

i guess its kinda up to the officer tho. :rolleyes:

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah im definitly gona fight it, he didn't get me with radar, the tickewt is marked that he fallowed me, and he he said it took him a bit to catch up, then he couldn't of be behind me for awhile and i probaly noticed him right away..

oh and the area genral maniger is the one that said i couldn't drive my beater any more.. says the front end damage is bad for rep.. she then decides to give me a week to fix it before i wasn''t alllowed to drive it any more., complete bs..

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
TheHeffNerr said:
they said that to me when i tryed to race the cop in my NA :/ dont get to happy.
I had a cop say that to me when I was driving my old Civic. :) ... But that thing was far from stock. lol

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it beats working at any other min wage job, you make tips, but it different every night. some nights you make out alright others you dont..

and when your 1200 in debt, it's hard to be happy out delivering.. exspecaily when people aren't tipping you.. im fed up with it, alot of times they dont tip if your fast, and then some wont tip if your on time or late..

it's an easy 1k a month though in gross income.. 25-30 hrs a week..

·
me me me me me me!!!
483 Posts
he gave you a ticket for going 53 and had a hard time catching up. doesn't make any sense.

i guess see if traffic school is an option for you. i drive my supra like a grandma most of the time because one ticket even with my perfect record would jeopordize my job. and if i get fired i won't find another one that will pay the same, so i won't be able to afford shit for my supra.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
I get out of every ticket.... Get yourself a lawyer... not once have I ever had to go to court. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts