Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys the car got hit tonight, my friend backed into and fucked up the door, and now im sick and tired, becasue ever since i got the car its been bad luck, first fucking up the body kit, then kids fucking up the car, then someone kicking it, then hitting a curb, i dont think its ever been a good time with this car, im fucking done. my friends gonna pay for the damages, then im selling this biatch, and probably buying something that doesnt cost an arm and a leg to fix. Fuck this shit.

Matt

Pics soon

·
11,221 Posts
Hey, if the new owner want the stock leather seats, hit me up and I'll trade you mine (very nice condition with no rips or shit).

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
i know the feeling, i about gave up on the car but i didnt, i'd keep it if i were you, but hell, what do i know?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
That sucks bro,

Make sure your friend pay for all the repair cost. Make sure he doesn't back out and not paying a dime.

Did you took any pictures of his car? his rear bumper area? witness?

I suggest you file a insurance claim, since he is at fault, your insurance company will make his insurance pay for the repair cost. The damage does not look bad, if you go through insurance with estimate from one of insurance's authorized body shop. I would say you will get anywhere $500~$1500.

Dont't get discouraged by this. Supra is fairly darn cheap to fix, as long as you don't make poor choice of modifications. As for collison repair, It is not like it is made out of carbon fiber or aluminium. The cost will be similar to other Toyotas such as Camry or Lexus.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
looks like its back to the MKIII, eh? :D

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
i disagree, supras are very expensive to fix, i was rear ended and repairs came to 18k+ not including paint.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
I'm really sorry Matt, I hope that after you cool off you'll decide to stay part of the supra family. Good luck my friend. :bigok:

·
5,059 Posts
shit man, this is crazy already you just got her back from the bodyshop too. Damn man sorry to hear whats been happening :(

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
HydroMatrix said:
i disagree, supras are very expensive to fix, i was rear ended and repairs came to 18k+ not including paint.
Damn bro, Are you sure you did not get ripped off? $18k is a ton.

$18k is like completely totaled, must have been big hit. Were you even hurt? Why didn't you took the $18k instead of repairing it? Could of purchased another NA easily with spare money for NA-T or other items.

Did you meant fix or fix it up? To fix it up, it can be expensive, but to fix damages, should not be too expensive. Of course body shop maight charge you a bit just because it is a Supra, but other than that, there is no reason for outrageous charge.

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the responses guys, and no i didnt file an insurance claim, or file a report, only because both our insurance would have gone up, so hes parents agreed to pay all the damages, and nothing was done to his car, also we have like 7 other witnesses as my friends so no worries if he tries anything funny. Im just pissed as hell, i cant get a fucking break, i think i will sell it and start over, wether its with a supra or not

Matt

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
i know exactly how you feel,,,when i got my car i let my friend take it to his school to work on some problems (he's in the auto program at the college),,,well turns out my car was dropped from jack stands with no front wheels on,,and when it came down the bumper got all fucked up too (suspension never been the same since),,,then i let one of my friends take it out for a lil test ride cuz i just got the car and i didnt wanna be an ass and not let people feel how a supra feels,,,well of coarse he was like redlining every fuckin gear and he got pulled over only a block away from my house,,,then recently i got into a hit and run accident and i have no idea who the fuck backed into my car (soccer ball size dent in front fender),,,all this within a matter of maybe 2 months,,,ya i believe my car is cursed,,,among other things like the suspension on the car was already done very cheap (koni shock front left, stock front right, koni rear right, stock rear left) ,,,rust spot the size of a remote control, and one wheel with a dent in it so it vibrates like shit when you're goin 70-90 mph... etc etc etc

BOTTEM LINE: dont be discouraged,,,shit happens and it jus makes you appreciate your car more when it's running fine haha best of luck with the future,,,cuz trust me, you could have it a lot worse

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
nsx4ever said:
Damn bro, Are you sure you did not get ripped off? $18k is a ton.

$18k is like completely totaled, must have been big hit. Were you even hurt? Why didn't you took the $18k instead of repairing it? Could of purchased another NA easily with spare money for NA-T or other items.

Did you meant fix or fix it up? To fix it up, it can be expensive, but to fix damages, should not be too expensive. Of course body shop maight charge you a bit just because it is a Supra, but other than that, there is no reason for outrageous charge.
We were rear ended from a dead stop at 53 miles an hour. Whiplash is a bitch. Car was fucked up pretty badly. Pain ensued.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
DTSupra30 said:
thanks for all the responses guys, and no i didnt file an insurance claim, or file a report, only because both our insurance would have gone up

Matt
Matt,

Your insurance will not go up if he is proven at fault.

I was hit rear end in my Civic Si (previous daily driver), minor rear bumper damage, dame bit*h begged to pay for my damage without going through insurance. Then guess what she back out in the end.

Insurance process was easy, if you are rear ended or hit on the side, chances are you are not at fault, your insurance are not one that will be paying for repairs, so it will not go up a dime, you can even consult with your insurance. It is the other person's insurance company that will pay for the damage.

IIn case if he does not follow through, you still have this option. Good luck and hope to see you back.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Damn you have some bad luck..... I havent put a scratch or dent on my car since I owned it.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
nsx4ever said:
I was hit rear end in my Civic Si (previous daily driver), minor rear bumper damage, dame bit*h begged to pay for my damage without going through insurance. Then guess what she back out in the end.
Same shit happened to me.

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
Your insurance won't go up. My G35 was in a hit and run. Came back to the parking lot and noticed the damage...called the police and filed the report. $500 out of my pocket for repairs, but since I was "not at fault", my rates didn't go up. Granted, this was a hit and run, but your situation isn't your fault either. However, it's a tough situation when your friend is at fault...good luck with it.

I am really glad I filed the report, because further damages were found after the initial $2,600 estimate to repair...so you never know how much it will cost to fix up even minor accidents.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts