Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i been havin some over heatin issues lol basically i have a whole new cooling system. but nothing solved the problem. heh i pull my plug wires a few moments ago and there is oil and coolant all inside between the top and the spark plugs. heh soooo i can only assume hg. so time for tht....

U

·
0 Posts
ok i had overheating trouble a while ago and a friend of mine that has a supra told me that the thermostat causes it...sometimes it wont open causin the engine to overheat...so instead of replacing it, remove it and seal it with that black silicone...that worked for me

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
FYI, oil in the sparkplug valley doesn't mean BHG... you may just need to burp the air out off the system after changing all those components. (or replace the thermostat-go with a toyota one)

Do a compression check before you worry too much, then you'll know

Kevin

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i had made a post bout doing a compression check like how to do it but it never went through. i think im fixin to put it up for sale. i mean dont get me wrong i love the car to death but i donno. i dont have much time for inconveniences l8ly. may put it for sale around 1500-2000 .

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
maybe your head is cracked?

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Do a block test, it will tell you if there are combustion gases in the cooling system... you can also do a compression test and then a leakdown test. The leakdown test pressurizes each cylinder while it is at TDC, if you see air bubbles coming up out of the radiator when doing a leakdown test you have a bhg, cracked block, cracked head.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input guys, i COMPLETELY forgot my friends uncle has a buddy tht lives near me that can do this shiz. but he a crack head lol anyone know to explain to me how to do the compression test b4 i buy this mr2 turbo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts