Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just got in my autometer 52mm Boost gauge. It doesn't come with much. My buddy is pretty experienced with this (with conquests, not Supras) but I want to have everything I need before he comes over and we tackle this.

What all hoses/T fittings/electrical wires will I need?

My TurboXS MBC, and BCC should be here tomorrow, so ditto for those.

BIG thanks to anyone who helps in advance.

Oh, the only mods I have is a downpipe and exhaust.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The autometer didn't come with much. What size of vacuum hose do I need? The guide doesn't say.

What gauge electrical wire do I need?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TurboXS install

I installed the TurboXS MBC a month ago, it needs to be done as follows:
remove hose from vsv to wastegate;
cap vsv and wastegate nipples;
install MBC between the nipple on the 1st turbo compressor and the input to the wastegate actuator.

The included instructions werent completely clear, so I thought I'd just pass the info along to you. And yes, it will be a bitch getting your hands into that tiny workspace.

It is a quality product, though.... happy boosting!

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
fickle & fitchbuck,

The TurboXS MBC retails for around $129 while I've seen other MBCs, with same ball/spring desigh, going for $30-50.

Is the TurboXS that much better and did you guys pay the full retail price for it?
If you didn't, where can it be bought for less than full retail?

Thx,

Jay

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the 79.99 model from Apex Motorsports in Arizona. Summit carries it as well. I decided on this product because of testimonials on Supraforums.com.

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
fickle,

The Apex Motorsports that I found online, is located in Northern Calif, and their URL is: http://www.apexmotorsports.com/
Is this the place you got yours from or is there another site with a similar name, located in AZ?
Also, the site that I listed above, doesn't list any MBCs nor any Supra stuff, unless I missed something.

Thx much,

Jay :blue:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Naw, it's www.apexvr4.com

:)

They have alot of stuff that's not listed on there, and their prices are good. Give em a ring.

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Thx, fickle.

It seems that the guys from AZ call themselves "Apex R Motorsports". I really don't appreciate those very-close-to-be-misleading co names, especially in the internet era.

I'll give'em a call on Mon.
BTW, which model did you get (I assume you run the stock twins)?

Thx,

Jay :blue:

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
fickle,

If one plans on staying @bpu (around 18psi), what would be a reason to pay the extra $ for the High Performance one?
It can take you all the way to 30psi OVER stock!!!

Jay :cool:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a universal unit, and it means 30psi on any turbo. I'm not totally sure of the benefits of it over the 80 dollar one; I suppose that's why I didn't get it. :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
fickle said:
The autometer didn't come with much. What size of vacuum hose do I need? The guide doesn't say.
I used 1/8" id tubing however retropsectivly should have used the plastic line it come with if it is not long enough then use a mixture of the 1/8 and the plastic tubing. I used a 1/8 tee fitting and used the pressure source near the TPS sensor see the install intsrucitons for the BCC that will tell you where that is. use teflon tape to make sure you don't leak near the threads and use wire wraps to cinch up the hose to plastic pipe and t fitting connections so you also don't create boost leaks.

any small gauge wire is okay you only need low voltage as it is for the light( I assume you have the mechanical boost gauge) The autometer is just okay ... my second one seems accurate.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BIG thanks man, that's exactly the information I needed.

:bthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts