Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started tearing apart the Supra today to do the valve stem seals. Wish me luck because this is probably the first real thing that I have done with the "internals" of the motor by myself.....hopefully have it done with a week, two at the most!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Take your time and keep things clean

·
Registered
731 Posts
dont drop any thing down the oil galleys. stuff them things with cotton balls, trust me, i had to pull the pan to get a cam cap bolt out. sucked

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, I was thinking paper towels all over the place but I will pick up some cotton balls for the oil galleys tomorrow!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well 2 cyl. down, 4 more to go....i dont know if my back can take much more and I am only 23 lol.....how do you older guys do this??

·
Registered
872 Posts
well 2 cyl. down, 4 more to go....i dont know if my back can take much more and I am only 23 lol.....how do you older guys do this??
lol keep change position,and take a pill before hand will help too.

pain killer lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quick question for you guys that just did the job. Was there a special trick to getting the last two valves (inlet and exhaust) with the valve tool? I havent tried yet but just from eyeballing it it doesnt look like the toyotool will sit flush with the retainer because of the plastic piping going across. Not the coolant lines or the metal pipe but the one above those, i think it has to do with the heating systen or something.....any info would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts