Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting at my work bored as hell taking apart my head. well i took the cam gear off and decided to make it look good since im getting the clear timing cover. so as i was thinking, i found a sheet of carbon fiber, and i figured it would be cool to make the inside of the gear all carbon fiber looking. so i came up with this, not done yet but i think it looks pretty good. do you guys think i should proceed with it, or am i wasting my time. let me know your honest opinion.

-Saif

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
looks good.... i don't really know if there is anything else you could do to it to make it look even better. Care to share what else your planning to do to finish it ?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
hope it doesn't fall off..

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
the only thing i would say is paint the rest of the front black... (dont paint the gear part though)

that will finish it off.... its not for me but it could look decent.

·
Registered
496 Posts
i think the black carbon fiber would look better, but it's not bad. it's different that's for sure

-t3d

·
Registered
496 Posts
^^^lol someone's in a good mood

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the first time messing with carbon fiber, so it looks a little shakey, but ill keep trying to make it look better, and by the way it wont fall off. ive got it on there pretty good.

thnx for the honest opinions though, ill be sure to show the finished part of it.

-saif

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok i took some advice and painted it black, and trimmed it up a little, what you think?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think that is sweet and at 3400 to 3600+ pounds who cares about a few more ounces when it looks that good.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ok, to clear things up, these things will never "fly off" because the cam bolt is going rite through it and holding it on. and its glued with some good stuff to hold it on there perfect :)

im gonna make a few extras and see if people are interested in them, because i see a lot of people cutting up there timing cover so u can see the stock pulleys. i think it will look good with adding a little carbon fiber to them, also there are few different colors of carbon fiber i can try to make it out of.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

·
Registered
35 Posts
It just looks plaid to me. Very cool idea, I'd be interested in seeing them on the car. Maybe it's just because I'm staring at a big picture of it that it seems odd.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts