Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, was running the car today 22 PSI :sadance: Feels REAL good.... BUT, way too lean 12.6's top end and and i had to let off because EGT's getting too hot 1700-1750's so....... No go....

Had to turn boost right down to 18 PSI to keep a good A/F, guess I have to turn on my extra injectors and get this meth kit working...

I'd say that you guys are REALLY gonna be happy with these crower cams.

Anyways beat up on a 240SX running a SR20 GT35R or maybe it was a 37? anyways it was running 3" stright back no cat, mufflers, resonators. 20 PSI and it was at least a healhty 450WHP. The way I pulled on him looked like I had a good 100WHP on him. He was a little shocked ;) After all it's not every day you run in to an 87 supra that actually is faster then 14's lol ;)

On a side note I installed my 6000K HID head lights.... WHAT A DIFFRENCE. I mean I CAN ACTUALLY SEE! I had siliver stars and hella H4 housings and still couldn't see shit. Now the HID with the hella housings are unbelieveable.... I SEE EVERYTHING.

I'll get some pics and video's.... Tomarrow will be another cam swap test 264/272 small core.

·
12,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12.6 is too lean for me i'm going to shoot for 11.8

I'm thinking the ECU is advancing timing too much to give such nasty egts?

Or does egt go up with timing is retarded? can't remember.

·
Registered
427 Posts
egt will go up with too much of both. I would pull a little timing top end and watch EGTs. If they go down, keep pulling until your EGTs start to climb again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Where is your EGT probe located? I have mine before the turbo at the collector. I read 1550F with 11.8 to 12.0 a/f and 1.1 bar. No change in timing.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
12.6 isn't good at 22 psi... unless maybe c16 or some high octane..

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Where did you get your 6000K HID head lights?? PICS!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
ZaZZn said:
it's at the turbo inlet.
What fuel pump and base fuel pressure are you running? When does it start to drop off?

·
Registered
427 Posts
think ZaZZn's running an e-manage yes?

·
12,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was playing with the emanage today, and I pulled 4 degrees timing up top I think it bought my egts to 1650ish area which is good preturbo....

I have to make a few more runs but I ran out of fuel (running xylene/94 mix) for 102.

Supraofdoom, there is a guy locally that sells them (well in Montreal) I got them for 325 Canadian shipped which is about 290 shipped USD. He will sell the form cheaper if we get more.

slim, never had a sponsor, don't know if I'd ever get one. I want one for paint and for wheels! ;) If I could get one to help out on the fuel system i'd make them proud! ;)

My plans for the car for the summer are to install the meth kit, install my nitrous kit, turn on my extra 3 injectors, install the new subframe, replace the worn diff, install the A1 traction bars, oil cooler.

At the end of the summer I will repaint the car black, and install my black leather seats form www.leatherseats.com. I will also have my body kit, rear visor, bomex whale tail installed. During that time I probably will install and setup a single turbo GT40R for to make a better street car.

Then I think i'll start hitting some shows next year see how the car does.... Don't really want a show car, just a fun street car which has some sponsors to help with mods along the way. I mean a set of HRE wheels would be nice ;)

BTW as for the FUEL pressure, i jacked it up to 60 base from 40, it made NO diffrence. I think my walbro isn't doing anything after 70 PSI pressure, because i jumped FP and B+ and couldn't get more then 70 PSI when the car was off and it was just cycling the fuel.

·
Registered
427 Posts
So your not monitoring it while under boost? You should run 2 fuel pressure gauges, one inside the engine bay (to set the static fuel pressure) and one gauge inside the car (to monitor fuel pressure as boost comes up).

I don't remember when the walboro starts to drop off (as far as flow in psi) but I do remember 75 psi it drops off drastically and will not flow 255lph. If memory serves me correct, my last dual walboro setup in my RX7 as 45 psi base up to 60 psi base. When I went to 60 psi base...as soon as I hit 15 psi the fuel pressure would fall... So if your running 60 psi base and boosting 22 psi...that's 82 psi the walboro needs to pump out.

·
12,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, I know that the walbro will fall on it's face at 80 psi but I figured that jacking it up that extra psi to it's limit would have richend my mixture.

Although I should have a electronic gauge in the cabin, I hate gauges, and try to incorprate them all into electronic devises like my ZT2 or my profec e01.

I may see if I can borrow one to fool around with wile driving the car but I won't keep it there perm. I have my Profec E01 watching A/F and if it drops below a specific threshold it will cut boost.

·
Registered
427 Posts
so your running 550cc injectors at 22 psi and a single walboro pump? I need to hurry and get my 650 top feed's in so I can turn the boost up. I want to run 1.5 bar before spraying WI.

·
12,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no base pressure was 44 when i did the 22 PSI pull.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts